Few questions after rebuild.

I got the ski together and put about an hour on it the other day (00 SLX). I got about 4 WOT runs in at the end of the day.

Compressions is 145 145 145

I got a few questions:

How can I confirm that my oil injection has started to work? And how long will I have to continue premixing for?

How come my pistons are showing no wash? Could I be running THAT rich? I didnt touch the carb adjustments at all from what they were before.

I didnt feel like I was hitting top RPM or speed. I cannot confirm b/c my mfd shit the bed, but it was definetly not hitting max. Could this be due to it getting double oil. Perhaps my throttle cable could use a little adjusting too?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbgb22 View Post
    I got the ski together and put about an hour on it the other day (00 SLX). I got about 4 WOT runs in at the end of the day.

Compressions is 145 145 145

I got a few questions:

How can I confirm that my oil injection has started to work? And how long will I have to continue premixing for? Draw a line on the tank and measure after your all day ride.

How come my pistons are showing no wash? Could I be running THAT rich? I didnt touch the carb adjustments at all from what they were before.

I didnt feel like I was hitting top RPM or speed. I cannot confirm b/c my mfd shit the bed, but it was definetly not hitting max. Could this be due to it getting double oil. Perhaps my throttle cable could use a little adjusting too?
    Remove your intake cover, pull the throttle lever to full open and see if the butterfly's are full open. You can also check to see if you can manually push/pull the lever of the carbs further by hand with the finger/thumb throttle pulled/pushed to WOT.
    Last edited by ph2ocraft; 08-13-2008 at 09:39 PM.

Thread Information