+1

Dynolicous for Iphone/Ipod Touch

Hey guys, I took my Iphone out today and played with that dynolicous app. It is an application that gives you performance data.

I mounted my iphone in my gps mount and did 6 seperate runs. Now I was doing this on a small lake that has plenty of other pwc's running along with the cops who gave me a warning for going over 35mph.

The longest run I got is 330 feet. The boating area for the lake is only 1/4 of a mile

So here are the numbers I got running a stock 15/22 prop at 8040 RPM's.

0-60 5.91 sec
    0-50 4.57 sec
    0-40 3.64 sec
    0-30 2.96 sec
    0-20 2.34 sec
    0-10 1.73 sec

At 330 feet my speed was 64 ph at 5.66 seconds.
    Max speed was 68.8 mph... btw this is fairly accurate as my gps said 69.1 mph.
    Max Acceleration 2.64 G's

Mind you becasue its 100 degree's outside my ski is only turning 8020 RPM's. This is with a stock 15/22 and 81mm ring. Boost was 11.1 PSI.

I wanted to change over to my 3 blade prop but the cops were watching me like a hawk

The above numbers are averages of the total # of runs.

The app is only 13 bucks but I found it quite fun to play with. The If nothing else I can use it to check the diffrences between mods.

Also the only way to make the app work is if your at a dead stop, so each run was started with the engine off. I am wondering if I can have the engine going from the get go if my #'s will be better.

I plan on hitting up San Pedro soon to see what numbers I can pull there. The water/air is much cooler though it is salt water

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    thats awesome .......nice numbers..........im really excited about this app....finally a way to tell the performance of a ski besides just top speed.....strong work man......
    Last edited by Rip'nTear SHO; 08-14-2008 at 11:22 AM.

Apple is making a very impressive product with the iphone, i would be lying if i said that didn't make me want to go out and pick one up today. Nice numbers by the way.

I just dled this app recently havent had a chance to test it on my ski yet.

I picked up the itouch this week and I am going to be trying it out this weekend.

+1
    Aha so when u say u started with the engine off.......did u just light it and nail it then..........because the Dynolicious counter is already ticking as soon as the ski is lit and moving........correct?

+1
    Yeah the app totally impressed me yesterday. My only wish is that it would work while my ski was on, the numbers are most likely off by about 1 second due to the fact that I have to crank the ski up and then go after I hit the start button.

I was not really happy with the 0-60 numbers but oh well, least now I got a baseline and can work from there.

I was totally impressed with how it came up with the top speed and how close it was to my GPS.

+1
    Reid, the timer is going as soon as you begin to move... the problem being on a watercraft is you dont have a way to stage very well. So the minute you start the ski it will move forward... even if by 1 inch. At this point the app kicks in and starts timing. I tried to gun it as soon as I started it but of course there is a delay.

If you could stage on the beach with someone holding the ski at idle then you can start the app, position yourself and then go. Once you start moving forward the app will notice your moving and start its data logging.

That or if your setup like they did at the hydrodrags then it would work good too.

I got to play with the app for about 20 minutes yesterday... I am hoping to get some more time to mess with it this weekend. I really want to try my skat prop which should get me more RPM's also I want to check the diffrence between an 81MM ring and an 83MM ring.

For 13 bucks its way worth it... much cheaper then 2500 for a stalker setup.

+1
    so u need to either one be able to set your ski in neutral and wait till it calms enough to let the machine set.......then go..... OR get a small device that could hold your tow eye at the back just enough at idle to keep from moving.....u could hook it to anything your trailer whatever as long as it was long enough to get u into 4ft plus deep water for a launch......... then have some sort of break away device that lets loose the minute u nail it! thanks for the info!

+1
    Thats exactly what I was thinking of going with Reid! A breakaway device would be perfect.

Thread Information