coteau louisiana

seadoo 951 silver engine rebuild questions

hey guys my girlfriends parents ski just burned the motor and they stated if i wanted to fix it i can have it. this is what i found out they had it worked one and the carbs rebuilt with some repair done to the oil tank this was done at the dealer. and they had the fuel lines replaced. brought the ski home and ran it for about 1 hr and it burnt the motor. pulled the head and found that the dome on the rear piston is scared up pretty bad and the rear piston itself was cracked lots of scaring on the sleeves and sound like when i try to roll it over by hand the rear rod must have broke away from the wrist pin bearing cause it sounds like its just floating in there. question is do i try and bore the cylinders and get a full internals rebuild kit or do i just order a new remaned motor? will be doing all the work my self i have good knowledge with polaris and tigershark but non with seadoo. i also plan to pull the oil injection off of the ski i think that could be what caused part of the problem. ohh btw the dealer wont warnt the engine rebuild even though they were the last ones to work on it. this all happen last summer

also this was done by sportsman marine in houma, louisiana i know alot of us here are from louisiana.

shae leblanc

Rockledge Florida
    Take it back to the Dealer if they replaced the oil tank ?I bet they didnt bleed the air out of the oil pump, inlet hose ,filter and oil lines. When it ran out of oil it is always the rear cylinder that gets hurt the worst...
    I would go with you rebuilding the engine if you want to Tweek it but if its just a Ski to you or an investment then go with a reman

Thread Information