+1

gpr 800 pump nossle and pump wont come apart

i have a gpr800 that i decided to take the impellar out of. i got the steering nossle off and i cant get anything else apart. the bolts woulnt come out and i ended up breaking the heads of the bolts off. i really need some tips on how this should come apart. i tried to pry on it hammer it with a rubber mallet and it didnt even move. anykind of help would be appreciated.

jason

Jason,
    You are on Long Island?
    I can get the thing apart for you if you want to drive to Kings Park.

Banned User
    The bolts were so stuck in there.... used pv blaster, a torch, tried tapping them, tried tightening loosening etc.. to break em free and nothing worked. They didnt even budge and then eventually the heads just started falling off. Now we have the nozzle and housing stuck together with broken bolts which only makes it harder to break the seal and pull it apart. We tried for a solid 2 hours and got nowhere. The previous owner always had it on the floating ramps and the back end got so corroded from being in the water... im talking half inch deep holes in the stainless and ride plate. We tried everything and cant even seem to break the seal off the pump housing... Then we tried to bypass that and get to the 4 main bolts in the transom which were nice and came out easy... but the strainer got in the way and we cant get the fourth bolt off... so we decided to take off the ride plate to use a wrench on the last bolt, but THEN the rideplate bolts just started spinning in the hull... the brass inserts broke free and now those bolts are STUCK! After that it got to dark and we gave up. Today we are bringing it to the shop to work on it, but damn this is a bummer! any suggestions or tips would be GREATLY Appreciated! We also need a new GP800r pump housing and impeller! If anyone is selling a whole unit, aftermarket or stock let us know! Thanks!

Coveted, I feel your pain!!! The ass end of my ski looked like the surface of the friggin moon!...and that was from fresh water. Fortunately my bolts came right out though. As far as the inserts turning mine did the same thing. I just held onto them with vise grips while my buddy unscrewed the bolts. I had to remove the exhaust from the transom to get to one of them though. I really did not want to remove that petrified peanut butter and replace those inserts so I just sealed everything up from underneath.

Banned User
    Yea man we are going to have some work ahead for us today... Getting in their from the inside of the ski is a bitch!

Damn the Salt Water!

+1
    yea i am but i dont thinkg the drive to kings park is gonna help. no offense. at this point i am alomst ready to cut it off.

Thread Information