Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Faster Than a Snail on a Log mongorunner's Avatar

whats the going rate for a well used HX?

i was going to search for HX information but the forums won't let me (too little of words)

whats the whole appeal to an HX? i know it has the 720 motor in it, but does everyone swap in the 787? is it hard to do?

looks like a very tiny tiny boat

guy has one for sale for 1250 its rather faded i bet he'd take 850 for it...

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    hey mongo, Water Worx has that modded HX with the 787. worth every penny!

+1
    The HX was made for racing & going around bouys other than that its a very narrow ski & is hard to board in deep water if you weigh over 160.

I weigh 200 & can get on mine with no problem (takes practice) & balance with engine off.

They came with a 720 (85 hp) & IMO slow as a turtle,mod the 720 with a pipe & it can haul azz but can also be a PITA to keep running.

I have installed 800 motors in a couple of HX bone stock & modified & they are so much fun with the added HP,my modified one will run 60 mph 7450 rpm a is a blast to ride. I have mine for sale.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...256255769&rd=1

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    hey mongo, Water Worx has that modded HX with the 787. worth every penny!

seen it wonder what all went into it... and what he'd charge to do it I'd like to go ride it first just to see what its like, i did some page browsing and most people tend to agree that its nimble on the water at speed, but unstable still... i think im going to go see about test riding it tmrw

Quote Originally Posted by water worx View Post
    The HX was made for racing & going around bouys other than that its a very narrow ski & is hard to board in deep water if you weigh over 160.

I weigh 200 & can get on mine with no problem (takes practice) & balance with engine off.

They came with a 720 (85 hp) & IMO slow as a turtle,mod the 720 with a pipe & it can haul azz but can also be a PITA to keep running.

I have installed 800 motors in a couple of HX bone stock & modified & they are so much fun with the added HP,my modified one will run 60 mph 7450 rpm a is a blast to ride. I have mine for sale.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AME SE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280256255769&rd=1

thanks for the reply... so if i got one to just carve around on the lake on and stuff would i enjoy it? what kind of 0-60's are you running? i weigh around the 155 mark in the summers so weight is no problem, harder than an X4 to board?

you have a PM

I bought one last summer and weigh about 215. Just started on smaller skis last summer with a buddys waveblaster, polaris octane, and then my HX. Mine seems to run about 48-50mph with a fresh totally rebuilt 720, rebuilt pump, all stock. Can be tough to get on from the back but you'll get it with practice. In deeper water I've been just leaning mine over to the left about 45 degrees, turn the bars right, fire it up and pin it. It sweeps the back end down and towards you and you just pull yourself up onto it with your arms and hop on the seat. Sounds crazy but it's easy after a few tries.....

Can a 787 motor be swapped into a 2005 GTI? I want this thing to really move! It is a great 3 seater machine. Just lacks the hp at 85hp. I really thought I would be satisfied after the 60hp, but nope!!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by CENA View Post
    Can a 787 motor be swapped into a 2005 GTI? I want this thing to really move! It is a great 3 seater machine. Just lacks the hp at 85hp. I really thought I would be satisfied after the 60hp, but nope!!
    Dnag CENA! gettin brave or confident? j/k. I saw a thred on here once upon a time where they had pix of the whole process. the 720 is completly different from thr 787. you have to glass in all three motor mounts, get a new grey box and probly a different impeller, ect. its not just a quick swap IMO

Quote Originally Posted by tzpetri View Post
    I bought one last summer and weigh about 215. Just started on smaller skis last summer with a buddys waveblaster, polaris octane, and then my HX. Mine seems to run about 48-50mph with a fresh totally rebuilt 720, rebuilt pump, all stock. Can be tough to get on from the back but you'll get it with practice. In deeper water I've been just leaning mine over to the left about 45 degrees, turn the bars right, fire it up and pin it. It sweeps the back end down and towards you and you just pull yourself up onto it with your arms and hop on the seat. Sounds crazy but it's easy after a few tries.....

previous owner of my XP800 told me thats the way to board em but i never could get it... maybe on the smaller HX i could

gunna call the guy and see if i can test ride it this weekend and see if i like it, if i do ill prolly offer 875 without trailer...

do they use the same pump as the 787? whats up with the trim knob on the back, that is the VTS right

i thought my X4 was small but the HX is like sitting down on a stand up
    Last edited by mongorunner; 08-15-2008 at 02:28 PM.

+1
    Same pump,just turn the adjuster to raise or lower the nozzle,I still run that on my mod.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information