Thread: 50 hour service

Cool 50 hour service

I just purchased a 2007 RXT, it has 50 hours, the 25 hour service was done at the dealer, I would like to do the 50 hour service myself, does anyone know what really needs to be done at 50 hours, the deal wants around $250 but it sounds like they are only changing the oil and spark plugs, the other stuff does not seem to be tangable, thanks , jettro

Change the oil and filter after you figure out how to get it out and by a set of Torx sockets. Then get a filter and 3 orings 3 sparkplugs. Then a sparkplug socket that will fit in the tube and not fall off the extention. Then put in the oil pull the dipstick up so the oil fill wont burp all the oil back up. While the plugs are out check the compression one cylinder at a time so the starter wont kick out. Can you listen to the pump ad tell if its normal rattle or there is water in the pump. Look at the vanes ,wear ring and back of the impellor for damage. Check opas for free movement and damage. Then the stearing and reverse systems. When you finish that turn to the trailer. Hook up and check the lights. Grease the bearings put air in the tires about 10psi under max. Check springs for broken leaves. Ever had an axle come off on the road because the salt water ruined the springs... You wont ever do it twice... This is from memory so I may have missed some of the intangeble items but I figure my time and parts are worth $250 but I might be wrong

+1
    If it came with the Seadoo books, it should show exactly what needs to be done at each service as far as i know...

Quote Originally Posted by jettro View Post
    I just purchased a 2007 RXT, it has 50 hours, the 25 hour service was done at the dealer, I would like to do the 50 hour service myself, does anyone know what really needs to be done at 50 hours, the deal wants around $250 but it sounds like they are only changing the oil and spark plugs, the other stuff does not seem to be tangable, thanks , jettro

Here are the recommended maintenance procedures from the 2007 RXT Owners Manual. Just, curious, what did the dealer charger you for the 25-hour maintenance, since Sea Doo only recommends checking the OPAS filter if you ride in lots of weeds... Ron
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information