Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Running out of ideas, any suggestions???

Ok so If you haven't read it before here it is.

I went for the PPG level 1 kit on my 05 viper red RXP

Before the kit I was at around 68 MPH @ 7950 RPMs

After the kit I'm stuck at around 65-66 MPH @ 7600-7700 RPMs

So far we've tried 2 different Solas impellers. The second one having been sent to Glen at PPG for a repitch. My ski has about 26 hours on it and my oil level is where it should be (very close to half). I've been told bad gas but have been through multiple tanks of gas from multiple gas stations all with the same results. Tried different ECU's just to see if mine was messed up in any way. Today they were messing with the throttle position sensor because it was showing that it was a little off. They adjusted the OPAS paddles in a little for the hell of it. And still we are at 65 MPH in cool weather no less. Tomorrow they are going to try a different nozzle and see if that makes a difference as well as probably a whole new PPG kit.

So with that said is there anything that anyone can think of that they should maybe take a look at to get those lost RPMs back?? I appreciate any ideas that you guys might have. This forum seems to be a great place too pick some brains. Thanx guys...............

First, who is "they"? Dealer with buds? cause thats the only way to adjust the TPS.

Second, remove the ppg stage 1 and see if your speed and rpms come back. If they do, add one part at a time and see what kills the performance.

+1
    Have you tried your stock prop yet? I went through alot of pitches before I go mine correct.
    So try the stock prop and just verify it isn't just the solas pitch.

Also take the opas off. I swear that is what screwed me. My dealer adjusted them at the 10 hour service and as you know I went crazy until I pulled them and vialoa.

Also triple check your OIL level. As mine was hard as heck to see because it was so clean. go in the early mornings to do this.

I think I would be looking at the prop real close ..............

+1
    Oh yea, It isn't your nozzles. I bet ya it is something they have touched or messed with and are just over looking.

Check the stuff I and everyone else mentions yourself. Some dealers get frustrated and want to move on.

G-force- Zoom had a good point on the TPS! What was done through the BUDDS? Prop is an idea, but if you tried two of them plus the stock prop then it would be interesting to say it's a prop pitch issue. DO you have Denso Irridum 27's plugs on? No opas if you want speed-IMO. How's the pump area? Are you having any cavitation?

You can't just swap ecu's. You have to swap the ecu throttle body combination or have the dealer reprogram the ecu to your throttle body. As I have found out from experience, some dealers have no clue how to set the tps and it WILL NOT run correct without it. As others have said if someone without buds and enough knowledge to use it messed with the tps get it corrected immediatly. You are risking serious damage by running it like that.

+1
    You can swap stock ECU's all you want. It the second generation Rotax Racing ECU's that marry the TPS.

Yes they are using buds to mess with the TPS.

It is at the dealer I bought it from I think Shibby knows these guys, Formula 1 Motorsports. They are trying their hardest to figure it out with calls to PPG and sea doo to trouble shoot the problem. And they're not a land locked shop they are right on the water so they test ride her fully after trying to change something. All these guys work on are jet boats and skis, mainly sea doo. I have faith that they know what they're doing but my ski is just being a bastard. I think after today if they have no luck it's going back to stock piece by piece and we will have to try to see where it changes the performance.

As far as the pump is concerned the wear ring is brand new without a scratch and the solas is fresh from glen so I don't think it can be anything with either of those. Unless she just doesn't like the prop. I would like to see what she does with a stock prop and the rest of the kit.

I think but I'm not sure that they did try a different throttle body but not %100% on that.

I will be picking her up today no matter how fast she is cause I haven't been out riding for almost 3 weeks. But she may be back in the shop come tuesday. I'm dying to get out there either way. And they say crack is an expensive addicting thing to do I Need MyFix!! lol.

Ok they tried a stock impeller and she shot right up to 7950 @ 66 mph.

They are trying another solas ans seeing what it gives them then I dont know where we will go from there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information