Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Running "injex" Tcw3 Rated Oil In My 2005 Gti

Gonna try it. Never had any problems with Injex 2 stroke oil made by Phillips in any 2 stroke I have ever owned.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Only time will tell

Well, around here the people that have ultralight airplanes use Injex. They have to send their motors in every year for an inspection. Inspectors were suprised to see how clean everything was when these people switched to Injex. No rebuilds were required! And you know those engines heat up!! I have seen first hand what "dealership oils" will do to an engine! I' am just concerned about bombardier oil and engines. Snowmobiles being a perfect example. They have had many problems in the past and most recent times with the engines burning up.

Cena,
    Ultralight aircraft engines do not have power valves. Your 787 or 947 Rotax does. TCW-3 is NOT formulated for the EGTs that your Rotax is capabile of. Can you get away with running TCW-3? Sure you can, but why risk it. Correctly formulated oil is about the cheapest assurance that you will not have against an oil related failure.
    Robert V

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s/d-daddy View Post
    Cena,
    Ultralight aircraft engines do not have power valves. Your 787 or 947 Rotax does. TCW-3 is NOT formulated for the EGTs that your Rotax is capabile of. Can you get away with running TCW-3? Sure you can, but why risk it. Correctly formulated oil is about the cheapest assurance that you will not have against an oil related failure.
    Robert V
    Actually isn't the '05 GTI a 720? No Rave valve there either.

Quote Originally Posted by CENA View Post
    Well, around here the people that have ultralight airplanes use Injex. They have to send their motors in every year for an inspection. Inspectors were suprised to see how clean everything was when these people switched to Injex. No rebuilds were required! And you know those engines heat up!! I have seen first hand what "dealership oils" will do to an engine! I' am just concerned about bombardier oil and engines. Snowmobiles being a perfect example. They have had many problems in the past and most recent times with the engines burning up.
    That is realy interesting information.. I have never seen a failure caused by "DEALER OIL". I have seen lots from NON DEALER OIL. The only bulletin I have seen that said anthing about oil failures is with Synthetic causing the clutch to slip on the 4tec SC. You should run what you want in your Ski. TCW3 isnt much of a rateing but it will probably not hurt your GTI but the other Skis with 787 and 951 would be risking a lot to use such a low rated oil.. If you change to any other oil you risk a clog in the injection caused by a reaction between oils if you want to run different oil clean out the system first then bleed it with new stuff...

Well, ran it three trips now with the injex. Ran it hard too. Runs great and plugs are perfect. I' am starting to like this jetski. I guess I didn't have an oil leak after all. Looks like I had just overfilled the oil tank. (From a previouis post) One more question, when starting for 10 seconds out of the water, is all that clanking noise normal? I assume it is the impeller noise? More like rattling I guess. Also, at idle speed in the water in neutral sometimes it does it. Is that the impeller just spinning trying to catch up with the RPM or something?

+1
    yes the clanking noise is normal. the oil will be ok for short term use, but you will have to clean and maintain the raves (if equipped) more frequently. other than that, it should run fine on that oil.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CENA View Post
    Well, ran it three trips now with the injex. Ran it hard too. Runs great and plugs are perfect. I' am starting to like this jetski. I guess I didn't have an oil leak after all. Looks like I had just overfilled the oil tank. (From a previouis post) One more question, when starting for 10 seconds out of the water, is all that clanking noise normal? I assume it is the impeller noise? More like rattling I guess. Also, at idle speed in the water in neutral sometimes it does it. Is that the impeller just spinning trying to catch up with the RPM or something?
    Sea Doo are notorious for noisy drives when dry. It is probably normal.

It is the 718 rotary valve motor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information