Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

I'm tearing apart an '05 GPR.

I have been slowly tearing the '05 down, I've got most of the pieces removed that need to be taken off and exchanged to Lightnin'. If you ever have to take your ski apart, take your time. I almost messed up the side panels because of the cheesy clips that hold them on.

Removing the tank was fairly easy. But, the added electronics on the 1300's is gonna be a slight challenge to put on the '01 Lightnin. I'll have to fabricate some mounting places for the roll over switch and change the gauge clusters and wiring harnesses.

And it is official, the '05 hull is definitely lighter..it's actually about 56 lbs. lighter than Lightnin', I'm not sure if it's because of the battery/electrical box and the waterbox not having water in it, because I weighed them both the same way (without engine,pipes and no gas) with the exception of these two variables. The '05 does'nt have the batt/electrical box. I left the tank and waterbox in so they had pretty the same parts left in them. The difference is 56lbs. Dunno. Maybe there's water in between the inner and outer hull.

The bottom of the '05 looks like it's never touched a trailer..this ski spent most of it's life on the water at the Yamaha test facility and looks brand new.

If you need any '05 parts lemme know.

Tmorrow James and I will begin tearing Lightnin' apart and start putting the 1300 parts into her.

Are you selling the pump. If so how much?

+1
    Just curious. You are using 1300 electronics with your modified 1200, or you are building up a true 1300?

+1
    If you need any '05 parts lemme know.
    Sure ! I want that pump !!!
    JK :P

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotoys
    Just curious. You are using 1300 electronics with your modified 1200, or you are building up a true 1300?
    Yes..we also bought an '04 1300 engine with 9 hours on it while in Hotlanta. It's ot everything but the electrical box. I have the wiring harness, coils, cdi etc..but no box. The '05 has all the other stuff for the 1300 so I'm good on the cannibalism part.

The '05 pump ain't for sale..I'm gonna try and blow the veins out when I put the triples in it.

Mark this was'nt that bad taking everything off..but as you know, part deux is about to begin, it sure helps to have most of the pieces. I do need an '03-'04 manual.

+1
    Rius should have any missing parts for your 01 refurb. I see what you are doing now.

+1
    I'll have to fabricate some mounting places for the roll over switch
    You should dump the slant switch along with the steering sensor...by-pass them...

I am looking for some 04 electronics...harness,tank,ECU if you have anything left over

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO
    You should dump the slant switch along with the steering sensor...by-pass them...

I am looking for some 04 electronics...harness,tank,ECU if you have anything left over
    Have you by-passed them? If so, how did you do it? Jim does'nt need them and it would sure save some time If I did'nt have to put them on. Tell me more bro... :P

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO

I'll have a damaged harness if you need it. The damaged part is the wires/connector going into the rectumfier. If you can solder I'll sell em' cheeeeeap. If he gets an efi...you might could have that, dunno if he wants a back-up. I would suggest he keep it.

+1
    I will put you together a schematic...you need a manual. It will help on the swap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information