Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Finally

  1. #1
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28

    Finally

    Finally got that big bastard of a resonator out of my ski!! in one piece believe it or not I am going to get a stainless pipe made up to but in its place... Now looking towards the next mod, How much will a good waterbox set me back? Is there much performance gain in changing the waterbox?


  2. #2
    On the x models if you change the waterbox you will have to run a j pipe like the older models use. Or you can just cut all of the plates out of the stock waterbox.

  3. #3
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Yer i have read Jerry's how-to guide on drilling out the stock waterbox... Only thing is my welding skills match that of a trained baboon.. Might just have to wait and go for the gibson down the track. Not too keen on removing my opas just yet..

    Quote Originally Posted by someanyung View Post
    On the x models if you change the waterbox you will have to run a j pipe like the older models use. Or you can just cut all of the plates out of the stock waterbox.

  4. #4
    Shogren65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Spencer, MA
    Posts
    88
    J-Pipe and a gibson sound sweet on an X. Love my setup

  5. #5
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    The new 08 style waterpipe/waterbox is WAY different from previous years. I have a whole 08 setup that I am working on a waterbox/waterpipe mod for the 08 setup....Should have numbers next week after the welder runs a few beads for me...

  6. #6
    Dave Sharp dav_dman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    louisville Ky/so. IN
    Posts
    1,453
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Finally got that big bastard of a resonator out of my ski!! in one piece believe it or not I am going to get a stainless pipe made up to but in its place... Now looking towards the next mod, How much will a good waterbox set me back? Is there much performance gain in changing the waterbox?
    I think the hose from the wb to the resonator will hook right up to the hull outlet without a make up pipe to take the place of the resonator.

  7. #7
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Hmmm.. interesting... I hadnt even considered that. I must go check that out now. Y would riva release the "free-flow" pipe then?

    Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    I think the hose from the wb to the resonator will hook right up to the hull outlet without a make up pipe to take the place of the resonator.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    1,656
    I took the waterbox to resonator hose and trimmed it down to where its routed over the tunnel, and underneath the intercooler pipes. Cleans up the engine compartment nicely, and makes working on it alot easier. That hose is so long and has so many bends, cut it on both ends and you can angle it right back so that its aimed to where the resonator was.

  9. #9
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Thanks boost.. i will check that out..

    Quote Originally Posted by boostaholic View Post
    I took the waterbox to resonator hose and trimmed it down to where its routed over the tunnel, and underneath the intercooler pipes. Cleans up the engine compartment nicely, and makes working on it alot easier. That hose is so long and has so many bends, cut it on both ends and you can angle it right back so that its aimed to where the resonator was.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. finally got to try out my rides
    By jungo in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-06-2005, 01:27 PM
  2. Finally get to ride again after 6 weeks away
    By Peligroso in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 06:50 PM
  3. finally done
    By PAINKILLER in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 03:02 AM
  4. Finally got to ride my 05 Rxp and have some questions.
    By Mark S in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 06:40 AM
  5. Finally in the water
    By Sunfunzoom in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 08:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •