Thread: Finally

+1

Finally

Finally got that big bastard of a resonator out of my ski!! in one piece believe it or not I am going to get a stainless pipe made up to but in its place... Now looking towards the next mod, How much will a good waterbox set me back? Is there much performance gain in changing the waterbox?

On the x models if you change the waterbox you will have to run a j pipe like the older models use. Or you can just cut all of the plates out of the stock waterbox.

+1
    Yer i have read Jerry's how-to guide on drilling out the stock waterbox... Only thing is my welding skills match that of a trained baboon.. Might just have to wait and go for the gibson down the track. Not too keen on removing my opas just yet..

Quote Originally Posted by someanyung View Post
    On the x models if you change the waterbox you will have to run a j pipe like the older models use. Or you can just cut all of the plates out of the stock waterbox.

J-Pipe and a gibson sound sweet on an X. Love my setup

Banned User
    +1
    The new 08 style waterpipe/waterbox is WAY different from previous years. I have a whole 08 setup that I am working on a waterbox/waterpipe mod for the 08 setup....Should have numbers next week after the welder runs a few beads for me...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Finally got that big bastard of a resonator out of my ski!! in one piece believe it or not I am going to get a stainless pipe made up to but in its place... Now looking towards the next mod, How much will a good waterbox set me back? Is there much performance gain in changing the waterbox?
    I think the hose from the wb to the resonator will hook right up to the hull outlet without a make up pipe to take the place of the resonator.

+1
    Hmmm.. interesting... I hadnt even considered that. I must go check that out now. Y would riva release the "free-flow" pipe then?

Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    I think the hose from the wb to the resonator will hook right up to the hull outlet without a make up pipe to take the place of the resonator.

I took the waterbox to resonator hose and trimmed it down to where its routed over the tunnel, and underneath the intercooler pipes. Cleans up the engine compartment nicely, and makes working on it alot easier. That hose is so long and has so many bends, cut it on both ends and you can angle it right back so that its aimed to where the resonator was.

+1
    Thanks boost.. i will check that out..

Quote Originally Posted by boostaholic View Post
    I took the waterbox to resonator hose and trimmed it down to where its routed over the tunnel, and underneath the intercooler pipes. Cleans up the engine compartment nicely, and makes working on it alot easier. That hose is so long and has so many bends, cut it on both ends and you can angle it right back so that its aimed to where the resonator was.

Thread Information