Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do my RPMs sound right? 951 GSXL

Hey everyone,

On my 98 GSXL i am turning about 6750RPM with the rejet reccomended by Ben in the sticky, and a Solas 15/20 .... I have a head ready to go on it (ADA Racing 50cc) ... do my RPMs sound about right or is there anything i should check? I have 1 degree of timing advance (MPEM option #4 on the programmer)

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by radeon View Post
    Hey everyone,

On my 98 GSXL i am turning about 6750RPM with the rejet reccomended by Ben in the sticky, and a Solas 15/20 .... I have a head ready to go on it (ADA Racing 50cc) ... do my RPMs sound about right or is there anything i should check? I have 1 degree of timing advance (MPEM option #4 on the programmer)

RPM's are just about right, what was the weather conditions when you ran the ski to get those numbers?

I would say the prop could use a little bit of tweaking, BUT, the head will give you the boost in power to push a little more water.....toss it on and get new numbers...

I thought for the GSXL Ben recommended a 14/19 concord because of the flattrer hull.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    RPM's are just about right, what was the weather conditions when you ran the ski to get those numbers?

I would say the prop could use a little bit of tweaking, BUT, the head will give you the boost in power to push a little more water.....toss it on and get new numbers...
    It was probably 80 degrees outside with the water temp A LITTLE BIT cooler, the water temp at the lake is usually pretty close ...

I want to throw the heads on but i think my girlfriend bought me the domes i needed (I bought the head casing on ebay cheap with no domes) ... but my birthday isnt til next week ... we will see!

but overall my RPMs are pretty close to where they should be all things considered?

+1
    no way I would run a 951 @ less than 6750 RPM's for extended periods. Need more compression to turn that prop to 7000 assuming everything else is right.

RPM's seem to be a little low. I ran that prop on my ski and didnt like it that much, I used a tweaked stock prop on my XPL spinning [email protected] plus in Texas heat.

Put a 97.5 Pipe on that ski.

What's better about that pipe... The 1997.5 is the white one right?

Quote Originally Posted by blowbyu View Post
    RPM's seem to be a little low. I ran that prop on my ski and didnt like it that much, I used a tweaked stock prop on my XPL spinning [email protected] plus in Texas heat.

Put a 97.5 Pipe on that ski.
    Is there a good place to find those pipes? all of the pipes on ebay are black from the silver 951 motors

Quote Originally Posted by spinyard View Post
    What's better about that pipe... The 1997.5 is the white one right?

Correct, the pipe is white in color. You should get a little more RPM's with this pipe. If I recall it is a larger diameter.

Someone on here will chime in soon with the exact differences.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    no way I would run a 951 @ less than 6750 RPM's for extended periods.
    you wouldn't run a 951 for extended periods under 6750 rpms? Huh?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information