Thread: need some help

need some help

I have an 89 seadoo sp that I got for cheap and could not get it to start. So i put new fuel lines on, clean the carb, and cleaned the old gas and oil out and still nothing so i took it to a mechanic and he says that it's not getting a constant spark. He thinks it's the amplifier box cause he says he can get it to run but not constantly and says it's not the magneto cause if it was that it wouldn't get any spark at all and wouldn't start and run. So is this the problem or any other suggestions on what it may be trying to ride it before i have to put it away for the winter? Any help finding this part or any other i may need would be appreciated.
    Last edited by swtryds; 08-15-2008 at 02:19 PM. Reason: forgot word

Sometimes intermittent spark is caused by either the coil failing, the spark plugs failing under load or even a very simple problem with the high tension leads going into the sparkplug caps. The easiest thing you can try is to remove the sparkplug caps from the high tension leads (coil wires) and snip off about a 1/4 inch. Then re-screw the caps onto the leads. It may need a little more than a 1/4 inch cut depending on how far back the internal wiring has broken off. Give that a shot at least and see if it helps.

Thread Information