Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for anyhelp!!!!!

I got a 04 RXP, it got sunk. I followed a how-to to drain the oil got new plugs, new filter. I got the water hooked up to the hose to go start it. It starts then it dies. I pull the plugs then turn it over and water shoots up the head.
    Some how it is sucking up water to the motor. What should I do. Anything helps im new at this..!Thanks

I am sure people will disagree with me but I have fitted a hand pump for my tube into the spark plug hole and pushed the water out.......wasn't my ski but it did work

You will need to get the water out of the super charger, the throttle body and the intake manifod before the engine will start... Ron

+1
    welcome to the forum

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    You will need to get the water out of the super charger, the throttle body and the intake manifod before the engine will start... Ron

excactly what i was going to say

a mate learnt the hard way on an rxp.we both were out on rxps on an ok day 4-6ft seas and he kept getting tossed from his...claimed it was crap compared to his gp1200r lol as the rxp was nasty in comparison even after owning hi rxp 6 months anyway with the chop and him reboarding alot the hull took water on to the extent that it got worse till it nearly sank!!!...luckily the seal in the front compartment was good that was all that kept her up.i towed him back and said wed strip it later tht night.anyway i went to his and hed started on her a few hours before but only changed plugs.and was adamant that trying with plugs out would drain water ok.i did runfor a few seconds at a time but lumpy and crap.to cut a long story short the supercharger was totally knackered,as was the head,the engine also started hydro-locking and his exhaust melted together due to not bothering to connect hose.
    expensive mistake if you ask me.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 509rxp View Post
    I got a 04 RXP, it got sunk. I followed a how-to to drain the oil got new plugs, new filter. I got the water hooked up to the hose to go start it. It starts then it dies. I pull the plugs then turn it over and water shoots up the head.
    Some how it is sucking up water to the motor. What should I do. Anything helps im new at this..!Thanks
    Always start you motor before you start the water when on the hose, or you will flood the engine again. Then shut the water off before you shut the engine off.

Well you missed the most important part of the sunken engine procedure.. Remove the Intake and Exaust and drain them. Both will be full of water and cause a gyser when cranking with the plugs out. You should also clear out the supercharger the only sure way is pull it and pour it out

State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PEST! View Post
    Well you missed the most important part of the sunken engine procedure.. Remove the Intake and Exaust and drain them. Both will be full of water and cause a gyser when cranking with the plugs out. You should also clear out the supercharger the only sure way is pull it and pour it out
    re: SC....

and this is so much fun because of that one little bolt that faces the opposite direction and doesn't have room to get a socket in there.

+1
    Use a 1/8 box end wrench works great

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemn View Post
    Use a 1/8 box end wrench works great
    a 1/8 box end wrench? Where do you find those?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information