Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1

    Looking for anyhelp!!!!!

    I got a 04 RXP, it got sunk. I followed a how-to to drain the oil got new plugs, new filter. I got the water hooked up to the hose to go start it. It starts then it dies. I pull the plugs then turn it over and water shoots up the head.
    Some how it is sucking up water to the motor. What should I do. Anything helps im new at this..!Thanks


  2. #2
    peterob1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Reading, PA
    Posts
    97
    I am sure people will disagree with me but I have fitted a hand pump for my tube into the spark plug hole and pushed the water out.......wasn't my ski but it did work

  3. #3
    King_Of_Fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Catawba Island, Ohio
    Posts
    2,703
    You will need to get the water out of the super charger, the throttle body and the intake manifod before the engine will start... Ron

  4. #4
    Moderator RX951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    16,066
    +1
    23
    welcome to the forum

  5. #5
    baba850r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    673
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    You will need to get the water out of the super charger, the throttle body and the intake manifod before the engine will start... Ron

    excactly what i was going to say

    a mate learnt the hard way on an rxp.we both were out on rxps on an ok day 4-6ft seas and he kept getting tossed from his...claimed it was crap compared to his gp1200r lol as the rxp was nasty in comparison even after owning hi rxp 6 months anyway with the chop and him reboarding alot the hull took water on to the extent that it got worse till it nearly sank!!!...luckily the seal in the front compartment was good that was all that kept her up.i towed him back and said wed strip it later tht night.anyway i went to his and hed started on her a few hours before but only changed plugs.and was adamant that trying with plugs out would drain water ok.i did runfor a few seconds at a time but lumpy and crap.to cut a long story short the supercharger was totally knackered,as was the head,the engine also started hydro-locking and his exhaust melted together due to not bothering to connect hose.
    expensive mistake if you ask me.

  6. #6
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by 509rxp View Post
    I got a 04 RXP, it got sunk. I followed a how-to to drain the oil got new plugs, new filter. I got the water hooked up to the hose to go start it. It starts then it dies. I pull the plugs then turn it over and water shoots up the head.
    Some how it is sucking up water to the motor. What should I do. Anything helps im new at this..!Thanks
    Always start you motor before you start the water when on the hose, or you will flood the engine again. Then shut the water off before you shut the engine off.

  7. #7
    PEST!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rockledge Florida
    Posts
    768
    Well you missed the most important part of the sunken engine procedure.. Remove the Intake and Exaust and drain them. Both will be full of water and cause a gyser when cranking with the plugs out. You should also clear out the supercharger the only sure way is pull it and pour it out

  8. #8
    State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wellington, Florida
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by PEST! View Post
    Well you missed the most important part of the sunken engine procedure.. Remove the Intake and Exaust and drain them. Both will be full of water and cause a gyser when cranking with the plugs out. You should also clear out the supercharger the only sure way is pull it and pour it out
    re: SC....

    and this is so much fun because of that one little bolt that faces the opposite direction and doesn't have room to get a socket in there.

  9. #9
    Treemn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs FL
    Posts
    3,317
    +1
    635
    Use a 1/8 box end wrench works great

  10. #10
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemn View Post
    Use a 1/8 box end wrench works great
    a 1/8 box end wrench? Where do you find those?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone looking for a used RXP? +another ski & trailer?
    By Jeff C in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2017, 06:45 PM
  2. Looking For PWC stand!
    By sprchrgd89gt in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 12:37 PM
  3. Looking for a nice seat cover for my RXP
    By Jrsrxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-23-2005, 06:41 PM
  4. Installing the vortec Sc What to look for
    By Jrsrxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 09:57 AM
  5. Looking for ideas.
    By MikeTrin in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 10:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •