SL750 - Uhhh More carb questions

Hey;
    Thanks for all the help previously, I replaced the fuel pump and lines but didn't fix the problem. Broke down and figured out how to get the carbs off and low and behold, the first carb was filled with Georgia mud.

I ordered the kits and made a few mistakes, I forgot to look how the needles where set as well the idle adjustment (sync).

Questions - (I read every article and still can't get it)
    1) Do the carb settings change with the triple fuel pump?
    2) Low Speed = 1/2 turn (I got that)
    3) High Speed = 1 114M 3/8C 7/8P

What does 1 114M mean?
    M is the carb with the throttle cable? Just verifying as I think I am looking at it backwards

They say to watch the plugs to verify high speed setting, is there another way?

I have friends running one of them and friends don't take care of things and usually run them WOT, can I run it rich to extend the life of the engines?

On the 94 there isn't a flame arrestor grate or air filters what do you recommend putting on these?

Both my 95 and 94 Throttle levers have broke, can I use an after market or other manufacturer? I heard Kawasaki pre 96 but I would have to order either one.... In Georgia it appears they only have SeaDoo....

Is there anything I can use until I find one, has anyone figured a way to rig it somehow so I can still use them.

Thanks for all your help...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jwubbena View Post
    Hey;
    Thanks for all the help previously, I replaced the fuel pump and lines but didn't fix the problem. Broke down and figured out how to get the carbs off and low and behold, the first carb was filled with Georgia mud.

I ordered the kits and made a few mistakes, I forgot to look how the needles where set as well the idle adjustment (sync).

Questions - (I read every article and still can't get it)
    1) Do the carb settings change with the triple fuel pump?
    2) Low Speed = 1/2 turn (I got that)
    3) High Speed = 1 114M 3/8C 7/8P

What does 1 114M mean?
    M is the carb with the throttle cable? Just verifying as I think I am looking at it backwards M=Magneto or flywheel end C=Center and P=PTO or the driveshaft end.

They say to watch the plugs to verify high speed setting, is there another way? Piston wash and how it feels.

I have friends running one of them and friends don't take care of things and usually run them WOT, can I run it rich to extend the life of the engines?

On the 94 there isn't a flame arrestor grate or air filters what do you recommend putting on these? Open is fine

Both my 95 and 94 Throttle levers have broke, can I use an after market or other manufacturer? I heard Kawasaki pre 96 but I would have to order either one.... In Georgia it appears they only have SeaDoo....

Is there anything I can use until I find one, has anyone figured a way to rig it somehow so I can still use them. Macgyver it up and take some pics. I used a lever cut down from my sons scooter.

Thanks for all your help...

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    I assume you mean the adj screws when you say "needles". As the needles and seats are inside the carbs and shouldn't be adjusted.

Settings won't change because of the pump.

1 1/4 turn OUT from a lightly seated position on the Mag (front of boat)

3/8 turn out on the Center

7/8 turn out on the PTO (Power Take Off) or rear cylinder

You can watch your RPM. It will be highest when the mixture is perfect, but piston wash is still the best method to verify proper mixture.

You can run it on the rich side to prevent future problems, but getting it perfect will still be reliable.

There should be a SS screen over the carbs on that year. If it's missing get a new one or aftermarket Flame Arrestors, like OP Vortex or K&N

You can get aftermarket throttles, sure. I wouldn't "rig" anything for a throttle as you, your friends, or someone else may get hurt because of it. Wait the couple days for the right part.

Thread Information