Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    08 RXP-X 255hp starter mods...

    Hello all, i just picked up my new 08 RXP-X 255hp monster.
    I am looking for the most bang for the buck combo, i want to start small for now, im looking at 1. the RIVA top loader grate, 2. RIVA Power filter K&N Kit. & 3. RIA Free Flo Exhaust kit. is this a good begining combo, is there any blow off valve in the stock machine??? expected top speed gains with this combo? anybody with experience withe the competition RXT-X OPAS kit?
    any ideas or feed back would be appreciated.

    1. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=733

    2. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=297

    3. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=739


  2. #2
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    welcome to the forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by jb08rxp-x View Post
    Hello all, i just picked up my new 08 RXP-X 255hp monster.
    I am looking for the most bang for the buck combo, i want to start small for now, im looking at 1. the RIVA top loader grate, 2. RIVA Power filter K&N Kit. & 3. RIA Free Flo Exhaust kit. is this a good begining combo, is there any blow off valve in the stock machine???
    Riva grate, go with a 4 inch air intake, free flow is good for better sound for starters, dont worry about a blow off valve, and no not on stock machine,
    expected top speed gains with this combo?
    3 mph
    anybody with experience withe the competition RXT-X OPAS kit?
    you dont need them as the rxp opas dont go up and down.
    any ideas or feed back would be appreciated.

    Tweak your stock prop to get 8,000 rpm or you can get a 15/22.

    1. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=733

    2. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=297

    3. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=739

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South Eastern Michigan
    Posts
    198
    The 15/22R prop won't be enough to bring your RPMs down (as I have learned over the past two weeks). With my mods (see signature) I'm still at 8080 to 8100RPM with the prop, so now I need to repitch it as well.

    You see the speeds I'm at. I started at 67.8mph (67.5 consistantly) partially due to my added weight (see sig) and am now at 72.4 (~72.0 consistantly). The prop alone added ~1mph to the ski but didn't lower my RPM much at all, so I'de say there's still a little over 1mph to go with the correct prop pitch if I get it right.

    Don't forget about "free" mods. Trim the reverse bucket, Fill ride plate holes (I need to do this), remove air silencer box and large flexible tube under rear of seat, etc. Do a search for "free mods" and be sure to select the "Sea-doo" forums.

    -=Mike G.

  4. #4
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    With these mods you will need prop repitched to keep off rev limiter.. i am surprised that the 15/22r isnt enough pitch. Also dont forget to fill ur ride plate holes, thats a free 1mph in it self..
    Good luck with the riva free flow exhaust, i am just in the process of doing that now. That resonator is a prick to get out!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jb08rxp-x View Post
    Hello all, i just picked up my new 08 RXP-X 255hp monster.
    I am looking for the most bang for the buck combo, i want to start small for now, im looking at 1. the RIVA top loader grate, 2. RIVA Power filter K&N Kit. & 3. RIA Free Flo Exhaust kit. is this a good begining combo, is there any blow off valve in the stock machine??? expected top speed gains with this combo? anybody with experience withe the competition RXT-X OPAS kit?
    any ideas or feed back would be appreciated.

    1. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=733

    2. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=297

    3. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=739

  5. #5
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Mikey can u explain the air silencer removal??

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey G. View Post
    The 15/22R prop won't be enough to bring your RPMs down (as I have learned over the past two weeks). With my mods (see signature) I'm still at 8080 to 8100RPM with the prop, so now I need to repitch it as well.

    You see the speeds I'm at. I started at 67.8mph (67.5 consistantly) partially due to my added weight (see sig) and am now at 72.4 (~72.0 consistantly). The prop alone added ~1mph to the ski but didn't lower my RPM much at all, so I'de say there's still a little over 1mph to go with the correct prop pitch if I get it right.

    Don't forget about "free" mods. Trim the reverse bucket, Fill ride plate holes (I need to do this), remove air silencer box and large flexible tube under rear of seat, etc. Do a search for "free mods" and be sure to select the "Sea-doo" forums.

    -=Mike G.

  6. #6
    Banned User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    2,924
    +1
    27
    NOTE: R&D Performance has measured the progressive pitch on the O.E.M. impellor and offers the following information as a reference when considering aftermarket impellor replacements or up grades. R&D offers this information to help insure that when replacing the impellor, the right purchase will be made, and performance demands will be spot on.
    Progressive Pitch 13-17 over 145 degrees
    Progressive Pitch 23 degrees over the last 15 degrees
    Total blade length in degrees is 160 degrees
    Total blade pitch average 13/17/23
    R&D Pro Pitch RXP-X 14/17/24 (Recreational Use) 14/17/25 (Supercharger Modifications)


    This if from the R&D website. You need to re-pitch to around 23.5, or 24, then you'll be at 8000rpm.

  7. #7
    i have read the posts about how to re-pitch, making marks and using a measuring tape, so to re-pitch from 23 to 24, would i widen/increase the gap between blades or narrow/tighten them? and i do understand it is only by 1-2 mm at a time.

  8. #8
    Banned User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    2,924
    +1
    27
    Widen.

  9. #9
    What is the purpose of the air intake tubes? Are they only silencers or are they preventing water intrusion? What are we risking taking them off? I want to take the back one off to mount the Groco strainer and would strongly consider taking the front off also to tidy things up.

    I have a T-X

  10. #10
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by gobbles2700 View Post
    What is the purpose of the air intake tubes? Are they only silencers or are they preventing water intrusion? What are we risking taking them off? I want to take the back one off to mount the Groco strainer and would strongly consider taking the front off also to tidy things up.

    I have a T-X
    They are there in case of a flip over. With the tubes in place it should prevent water intrusion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 12:54 PM
  2. FS 08 RXP-X Water Box Modded, RXP rear exit exhaust Pipe new.
    By Tiburon in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 07:10 AM
  3. Need help with modding my 08 RXP 215
    By AthleticKid818 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 07:53 PM
  4. Modding my 06 RXP or get 08 RXP-X?
    By FreakRXP1200 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-14-2008, 10:53 PM
  5. News on BRP mods for 08 RXP-X
    By jagsy in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 11:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •