Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    driveumhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Copral, FL
    Posts
    1,475
    +1
    4

    speedo wheel broke

    07 RXT speedo wheel with teeth broke off and now speedo reads 0 and any speed. Is this an easy fix? What tools do I need?

    Thanks!


  2. #2
    King_Of_Fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Catawba Island, Ohio
    Posts
    2,703
    You are going to have to buy the entire speedo/lake temp sensor w/pigtail. Not hard to change, just expensive. Have you talked with your dealer to see if they will cover it under warranty?... Ron

  3. #3
    driveumhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Copral, FL
    Posts
    1,475
    +1
    4

    no

    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    You are going to have to buy the entire speedo/lake temp sensor w/pigtail. Not hard to change, just expensive. Have you talked with your dealer to see if they will cover it under warranty?... Ron
    This is not what I wanted to hear. lol

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    247
    +1
    3
    I have the same problem....last weekend my cousin n I went buzzin around for an hour b4 the rain hit....I was running wide open for a good run and all of a sudden my speedo started reading 0....I was like WTF....So I shut it down reach over the back of the machine n the whole wheel was gone. I called my dealer there putting a new one on this week under warranty.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    euxton nr chorley lancashire, england
    Posts
    1,500
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by driveumhard View Post
    This is not what I wanted to hear. lol
    put a wanted in the clasifieds on this site, someone will have just the wheel and pin, it will save you having to buy the whole temp sensor speedo unit, i got one given to me off another forum member, it works great

  6. #6
    driveumhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Copral, FL
    Posts
    1,475
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskibill9999 View Post
    put a wanted in the clasifieds on this site, someone will have just the wheel and pin, it will save you having to buy the whole temp sensor speedo unit, i got one given to me off another forum member, it works great
    Good idea! Thanks

  7. #7
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    808
    the teeth off mine broke not long ago too. oh well. i'll just stick to the gps.

  8. #8
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Grand Haven, MI
    Posts
    3,594
    +1
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    the teeth off mine broke not long ago too. oh well. i'll just stick to the gps.
    Teeth broke off mine when I hit 77 mph two years ago ... no loss, they are inaccurate anyway ... what JFizzle said!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. looking for a speedo wheel
    By Dfence410 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 04:57 PM
  2. looking for a speedo wheel
    By Dfence410 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 11:47 AM
  3. WTB: Speedo Wheel
    By beachbum0286 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 04:35 PM
  4. Raider 1100 Speedo Wheel
    By Mpeavler in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2009, 10:02 AM
  5. speedo wheel
    By wavehummer in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 07:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •