Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2009 Mark Hahn Memorial 300 Mile Endurance Race - Feb 28

All, Entry form now available - Don't miss this race!

Click here for entry form and race information: http://pwcoffshore.com/Mark_Hahn_Race.html

From Mike Follmer (below):

Fifth Annual APBA National

Mark Hahn Memorial Havasu 300

Set for February 28th at Lake Havasu

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA - March 20, 2008: The Fifth Annual “World’s Longest Continuous PWC Race” was announced today by the event co-promotersJim Russell, DSM Events owner and Executive Producer, Mike Follmer. The 2009 – Mark Hahn Memorial, 300 Mile Team Endurance Race is all set to launch on February 28, 2009 from Crazy Horse Campground in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. The event will once again be sanctioned by the American Power Boat Association (APBA), and it is expected that over 75 two rider teams will enter to try and break the APBA 2008 Endurance Record of 3 Hours 55 Minutes to cover the 300 miles set at last year’s event by Andy Wise and Bobby Hall aboard a SeaDoo RXPX.

The race is being held again in the memory of endurance racer Mark Hahn who was instrumental in providing the momentum to keep endurance racing going strong and growing across the country before his untimely death during a PWC race in 2004. The “Team” format features two riders for runabout (sit down) boat teams and up to three riders for a stand-up craft. Solo riders are also welcome to “Ironman” the race on either style of boat, a real test of endurance and stamina reserved for only the true endurance zealots.

The race is returning to Crazy Horse Campground’s Main Beach site for this very important event”, said Jim Russell, “and the 10 mile course we have approval from the Coast Guard for will pit all the teams against the wind, rough water and long runs that this event has become synonymous with.” In addition to all the weather and water conditions all the teams have to contend with, they will also be required to make fuel stops without spilling fuel and make rider changes several times during the race, while modifying their race strategies as the race progresses. There will be six different classes competing on the race course simultaneously, with all the racers competing for the overall title. At the conclusion of the race, each class winning team will be crowned the APBA National Endurance Champion for their respective class. Awards sit down dinner will once again be held at the Aquatic center Rods and Recs room.

After the gigantic success and world wide recognition received in the press of 2008 event Mark Hahn Memorial, it is expected that 2009 entries will far surpass the 62 teams that were there to battle for the title and the promoter and his staff are planning for over 70 teams to enter. Mike Follmer said, “We’re gearing up to make 2009 event outshine what we did in 2008 by getting more give a ways and even better trophies for the massive awards banquet at the Aquatic center that will far surpass what we did in 08.” “We have on the water still photography and magazine coverage to chronicle the event for the riders, Follmer added. The awards banquet will feature a sit down dinner for over 400 people and over 100 award trophies to be presented to overall and class winners with a host of special awards that will again surprise their worthy recipients.

All of the pre-race attention and planning for this year’s Mark Hahn Memorial guarantee that it will far surpass the previous four years which have been heralded as the “Best PWC race of the year”! Get your teams together and your entry in early to make sure you don’t miss out on this great experience.

Entry forms and entry information sheets were released today for the February 28rd event. Entry forms, race information, updates and results will be posted on the Mark Hahn web site in December 2008 www.pwcfun.com/markhahn300.asp, www.apbaracing.com, and www.pwcoffshore.com .
    Last edited by Socaloffshore; 08-16-2008 at 12:55 PM.

+1
    OK, well this announcement bears the question: What did you learn from last year and what are you planning on doing differently this up-coming February?

Need a faster boat! Or a rude charger in it....

Make sure both myself and partner knows the rules, and which way to turn on the buoys! Less mental errors so we dont get docked some 6 laps!
    Buy a few gallons more than I think we will need!

Dont loose my key to ATV...

Oh, and Friebe can get a ski running to complete a 4 hour race! He is the man!

Banned User
    +1
    I watched the race from my house last year. Wanna know where I'll be for next years race?? Still sitting on my porch watching the race.

This has got to be the most grueling, punishing race I've ever seen. Saw one guy get his jaw broke(I think), he was pushing a little too hard and took the handlebars to the face....after that, he was done.

Havasu has its own personality. It can be smooth as glass, and 1 minute later, can turn into wicked chop, and stay that way. Plus, you have plenty of jackass' in boats(I hate wake boats!!), that have no clue there is a race going on.

Last year was VERY smooth! They had a bass tournament going on at the same time. I must have passed a boat of 3 guys at least 12 times during the race. They were in the same radious every time. They had a good seat for the show! Other than that, I really didnt see too many boats coming or going. The race is late feb., so not too much boat traffic. I'm hoping for a lil rougher water this year. The Ultra will do very well I think..

IF-You should do the race man!

+1
    I'm gonna try it this time!

Banned User
    +1
    Do you have any idea how long 300 miles on a jet ski is???? I sat on my porch on the hill and watched them for a few hours, it made me so tired watching, I went and took a nap.

I remember now that was the same weekend as the bass tourny. Didn't the wind start to pick up in the afternoon??? I remember some controversy in the newspaper about holding the race the same weekend as the big bass tourny.

I think that anybody that can race the Hahn, and finish, is a true ironman. Doesn't even matter if you were last. My back/legs get tired after running the buoy course for only ten minutes-of course I'm old. I just can't imagine running flat out all day.

OU812-better bring the Doo.....I don't think the 2-stroke will be fast enough. They had boats out there that were doing over 85mph last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    OK, well this announcement bears the question: What did you learn from last year and what are you planning on doing differently this up-coming February?
    bring more fuel... last year I sucked 110 gallons of fuel on the ULTRA.... and some good dude helped me out with some fuel when I ran out... who could that have been?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    i need a teammate and a boat..... i am gonna fly in for this

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    OU812-better bring the Doo.....I don't think the 2-stroke will be fast enough. They had boats out there that were doing over 85mph last year.
    Oh, no way would I run the GSX.
    The RXP will be better, stronger, Faster by then!

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information