Ski cut off with hose running

I had the hose connected to my ski so I could check my oil and not thinking I cut off the ski for about 2 or 3 seconds with the hose on. I cut it right back on then cut the hose off and ran it for about 10 seconds, I should be alright right?

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by super_gtx View Post
    I had the hose connected to my ski so I could check my oil and not thinking I cut off the ski for about 2 or 3 seconds with the hose on. I cut it right back on then cut the hose off and ran it for about 10 seconds, I should be alright right?
    Should be, the worry with the hose on and ski off is hydrolocking the cylinders, sounds like you are safe there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    Should be, the worry with the hose on and ski off is hydrolocking the cylinders, sounds like you are safe there.
    Another 2 or 3 secs and it would have been another story. If that ever happens to you again make sure you pull the spark plugs before turning it over. This will pump out most of the water if and did get in. Hitting that start button is a gamble otherwise.

Yeah I freaked out and cut it on right away, thank god nothing happened because I just watched it ride off into the day...... that biatch is sold. Sure would hate to lose 6500 bucks because I messed it up out of the water. So it is for sure ok then right? I actually cycled it a few more times to check the oil again.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    You need to leave the hose on for a long time to fill a 4 tech as its only the 3 little holes in the j pipe letting water into the exhaust the rest runs out the back. So to fill the waterbox all the way up to the motor takes a while you will be fine.

Thread Information