Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How did RIp'n Tear do?

Anyone hear how Rip did in his first offshore race today?

+1
    you might try posting this in the racing section, probably someone over there might know. Seems to be a few of there that were following the race

Quote Originally Posted by amadus98 View Post
    Anyone hear how Rip did in his first offshore race today?

Yeah i was trying to find out myself from my boys that went up to the race but no word on what palce he has come yet .

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Unofficially I got 4th but the results arent posted yet.......its a brand new venue and scoring system so the racers waited a couple of hours and still no word...results will be posted Monday.

I got a little lost on the course....got a very good holeshot was in the top 6 guys i think and then we turned at what we thought was the turnboat (was a diving boat with a big flag up at one of the buoys....so i wound up going a half mile off-course with 4 other guys, when i finally realized and turned back....then ripped another 1/2 mile diagonal back to get to the next turn boat.... So i actually ran an extra mile in the race....

Was actually fun in a way cause i got to reel people in on my way back towards the front of the pack (kinda reminded me of Annakin during the Star Wars pod race..) My conditioning was still not what it should have been because of the neck injury i was recovering from....but i was really happy with the way the ski performed......it definitely outrode me today.

On the 3rd lap i started hitting the 'wall' and had to start talking to myself to get thru the pain....conditions were very tricky......looked flat from the shore but when u got out there...there was big rollers stacked with boat wakes (3-4 1/2 ft chop) that were launching my SHO even with the trim full down....had 3 faceplants.....thank god for helmets!!!!!

Also slowed down to almost a stop for a sea doo RXT racer who got pitched on the second lap....once he waved that he was ok and started swimming to his ski..........i started haulin azz again.

also on lap 3 i caught air and came down on a diagonal swell which turned my ski and it took a tremendous amount of effort for me not to get thrown off......my arms and legs were screaming after that....

By lap 5 , if u asked me how many laps i did or what my name was i prolly couldnt answer u....lol...was just concentrating on the chop and staying on my ski.....fun!!!!

There was some confusion and they actually had me down as only doing 4 laps.......but i had my GPS and showed them the 5 laps on the GPS and my trip odometer of 33 miles for the race (+1 mile because im a retard/newbie)....cleared that issue up quick...staff was great...they resolved it immediately....so looks like 4th....im happy for my first race but makes me wonder what place i would have come in if i didnt do that 1 mile off-course...sigh..oh welll....was so much fun that i would not hesitate to do it again...this racing stuff is addictive!!!!

Great comraderie...great turnout (fifty something skis).....some growing pains for a first race but all in all it was a great experience.....got to meet the Cali boys...the Texas peeps.....the Caymons!!...Jawz (who hit a shark btw...) too effin funny....salute tony, soflarider.net guys, Tony K, and many others..

hope to have even a better turnout next year, a big thx to LisaLisa, Briain, Tim, and all of the event staff...great job!!!!
    Last edited by Rip'nTear SHO; 08-16-2008 at 06:33 PM.

Congratz RIP!!!!!! I felt the same way at my first motorcross race. It sound like you had a blast, good job on your result. Now you have something to shoot for top three!!! wooohoooo. Once again Congratz and good job.

Congratz RIP!!!!!! I felt the same way at my first motorcross race. It sound like you had a blast, good job on your result. Now you have something to shoot for top three!!! wooohoooo. Once again Congratz and good job.

+1 Great race rip Congratz for real man, good job with staying on the ski with your injuries.

thx alot man....tryin to make the Yammi boys proud....not bad for a Yamapig/barge with a whiney/girly/newbie rider on it......:P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00663.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	2.97 MB 
ID:	89179   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00657.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	3.22 MB 
ID:	89180  
    Last edited by Rip'nTear SHO; 08-16-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Couldn't tell from the pics....Did you have you Pov camera on you during the race?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
    Couldn't tell from the pics....Did you have you Pov camera on you during the race?
    yeah i did...hit the button when i got on the ski....but guess my nerves got the best of me because it didnt record....sry guys...i tried...next time i promise

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    yeah i did...hit the button when i got on the ski....but guess my nerves got the best of me because it didnt record....sry guys...i tried...next time i promise
    Dam dat sucks... that would have been an awesome video RIP but o well im sure this wont be your last race. SO next time bro.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information