If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar

99 XLL need some advice

Doing my pre ride inspection, i noticed the bolt that holds the stinger to the head cover is loose, the threaded boss of the head broke... kept looking and i believe the bolts from the underneath side are broke too (the ones just above the carbs)... I have a stinger 3 here... i believe i need a new head cover too... if i go with a performance head or milled, do i need the carbs rejetted (i am hoping to do this with a carb rebuild after season). doea anyone have a stock head cover or stinger they want to sell?
    thanks
    chris

+1
    Post in the classified for the head cover under "WTB". The Stinger3 works great for the XLL, helps low and mid power with the added benefit of easier carb screw access. Lots of people here will tell you to get rid of the thing, but that's because all of the testing on GPRs show it will slow you down by about 1mph, and on a GPR it just goes to reason that anything that makes you go slower is bad. Unless you are trying to milk out all of the top end speed from your XLL, you will enjoy the power from it. I was running about 65 on my '99 XLL with much the same setup as you have with an ADA head and a S3. If you install it, send me a PM and I'll send you the info on the Jetworks mod for the S3 I came up with to you; it's actually easier than doing one on a stock pipe.
    Last edited by Smitty; 08-17-2008 at 02:25 PM.

I posted the very same question before. I too want to mill my head and was told that rejetting is not required as long as it is jetted properly in the first place

+1
    I'd rejet the carbs too. It's been a while since I did mine, but if I'm not mistaken, I went with 110 lows/120 mains, 1.5g spring. Ask around.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I'd rejet the carbs too. It's been a while since I did mine, but if I'm not mistaken, I went with 110 lows/120 mains, 1.5g spring. Ask around.
    125mains, 110pilots, 1.5 NS and 95 g springs. This should be good whether you mill head or not. It works perfectly on mine!

Thread Information