Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Raider vs Venture

I recently aquired 2 "project" skis: A 97 WaveVenture 1100 and a 96 WaveRaider 1100.

Time and money constraints dictate that one will become the "fixer-upper" and the other will be used for parts. It would mainly be used by my wife and daughter to ride 2-up or as a "buddy" ski, as we already have a 3-seater Polaris we can all fit on.

I've never ridden either ski so I'm looking for advice from other owners on which one to fix. As I see it, here are to Pro's on each ski:

Raider Pros:
    Nicer condition - hull is glossier, seat cover has only minor rips
    Smaller = better performance/speed
    Adjustable trim

Venture Pros:
    Much more storage
    Reverse (If I replace the cable)
    Larger = more stable for beginners

What do you guys think? Do either of these ski's have strengths or weaknesses I'm overlooking? Resale value, etc?

Thanks!

If its going to be 2 up all the time then the waveventure is your best bet. Better handle and low speed stable. Still fast and powerful for tubing. Plus you got reverse. The waveraider is a death trap in rough and high speeds. I love the waveraider since i have one but its really only for certain people. Its a dying breed for aftermarket parts too.

Thanks for the input. I definately don't want my wife and daughter on a death-trap ski! I guess since the hull is in nicer shape it will bring more $$$ in parts anyway.

Hopefully others will chime in to help me make my final decision as I'm itching to get started.

I have ridden both and currently own 1100 Venture. The raider is too unstable at idle especially with two people (I am 6'6" 285lbs). The Venture makes for a very stable platform and I would not have moved on if my motor didn't grenade!

Having said all that there is 400 pound gorilla on this sight that runs the piss out of his Raider (Big Raider)

I've got the 1100 Venture and I love mine when it's running. It's very stable for me and the girlfriend and the dog. We throw a cooler in the rear storage, towels and stuff in the front storage and we can move around on the thing without worrying about flipping it over at idle or even sitting still.

I've personally never ridden a Raider, but I've ridden other 2 seaters and I personally wouldn't get one of them unless it was going to be a 1 seater (me).

All that being said, like roost, I'm 6'6" (although I'm apparently not quite as jacked at 215) - so I was looking for something a little larger.

Quote Originally Posted by roost5o View Post
    Having said all that there is 400 pound gorilla on this sight that runs the piss out of his Raider (Big Raider)
    too funny! stay with the venture its much better suited for your application

Thanks for all the input. Looks like I'll be fixing the venture. My wife has never had her own ski so stability is key. The only one she has really ridden is our Polaris Virage and it is a big 3-seater. I fixed up a 94 Pro VXR 2-seater a couple months back just to sell and let her ride it and she hated it - too tippy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitstop504 View Post
    Thanks for all the input. Looks like I'll be fixing the venture. My wife has never had her own ski so stability is key. The only one she has really ridden is our Polaris Virage and it is a big 3-seater. I fixed up a 94 Pro VXR 2-seater a couple months back just to sell and let her ride it and she hated it - too tippy.
    Then you will be much happier with the Venture, they are alot of fun to toss around, and won't hurt you like that Raider 1100 will. Honestly, the Raider is too one dimensional, a smooth water ride, and even that can get you, been there, done that. They didn't let any SeePoos beat them in the day though!

Marley Creek, MD
    Where ya located? I want an 1100 raider.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information