+1

Riva grate or R&P for my X

Ok so I bought the Riva grate for my RXP X as soon as they were out but still have not gotton around to installing it. From what I have read R&D's blows Rivas away should I sell the Riva and buy the R&D? Now that I have some time the X is going to get modded like my other Sea Doos. Another thing does this hold true for the RXT X?

+1
    no one

+1
    I say stop being lazy and put the friggen thing in If ur not happy with your results, then maybe move onto the R&D.. But you have got it there, so might as well try it. R&D claim 3 mph gain against rivas 2mph.. I would be happy with the riva. So u can always give it to me

Quote Originally Posted by mstennes View Post
    Ok so I bought the Riva grate for my RXP X as soon as they were out but still have not gotton around to installing it. From what I have read R&D's blows Rivas away should I sell the Riva and buy the R&D? Now that I have some time the X is going to get modded like my other Sea Doos. Another thing does this hold true for the RXT X?

I have both and tired each back to back.

Riva is faster on flat water .5mph average and no cavitation from my testing.

R&D hooks up better in chop but cavitates out of the hole. I was on average 1/2 mph slower but going across small 1-3inch wakes it would hookup better then the Riva. When I would put the Riva back on the cavitation was fixed. R&D looks stronger compared to the Riva. I wouldn't say it blows it away, but in chop YES it handles better.

I'm looking for max top speed so I kept the Riva on my X for now.

I heard there is a fix for the cavitation on the R&D.... making the back of the R&D grate look like the stock grate but haven't tried it. See this thread http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ate+cavitation
    Last edited by Enufpwr; 08-19-2008 at 06:52 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Enufpwr View Post
    I have both and tired each back to back.

Riva is faster on flat water .5mph average and no cavitation from my testing.

R&D hooks up better in chop but cavitates out of the hole. I was on average 1/2 mph slower but going across small 1-3inch wakes it would hookup better then the Riva. When I would put the Riva back on the cavitation was fixed. R&D looks stronger compared to the Riva. I wouldn't say it blows it away, but in chop YES it handles better.

I'm looking for max top speed so I kept the Riva on my X for now.

I heard there is a fix for the cavitation on the R&D.... making the back of the R&D grate look like the stock grate but haven't tried it. See this thread http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ate+cavitation
    nice report.
    Its almost time for me to put my riva back on for grins as the traffic is slowing down with alot better water.

Thread Information