Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pump and bearings

I had an awesome day on the river, runnin 7800-7850 the best shes ever run. Atleast untill the end of the day, she slowed a little. I got home from the bar and start lookin her over and when I look where the pump shaft bearing is suppose to be is nothing. Which would also explain where my water in the hull is coming from. Now I got lucky enough to catch it I guess, unlike poor English Bob, but it still wrecked my pump and all with only 32 hours. Anybody try to warrenty this kinda stuff yet? I posted pics, its kinda hard to get a camera at the bearing but notice the shiney spot on the shaft where the inner race is suppose to be. On the pump you can see where the prop was rubbing....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0391.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	89371   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0392.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	89372  

Cheers for the thought RTO,...just to add to the shopping list that is getting forever longer after the pump bearing failure. I have removed the drive shaft and not only are the bearings on the hull bearing mount, on there way out. But where the drive shaft goes through that failing bearing it has pitted and worn the shaft, and it,s no longer servicable. So I,ve added : Drive Shaft and Hull Bearing to that bluddy list now.
    All I can say guys is check those bearings, I would even go as far as changing them out for new at about 30ish hours. Believe me when I say it would be worth it, and I,m just talkin about not having to take the damn SC pulley off the crank!!!

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    who needs bearings... i think i have two sets in the garage still from my fiasco

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    who needs bearings... i think i have two sets in the garage still from my fiasco
    SOLD

I'll take both sets.

Dan, call me later

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    sale pending

+1
    if your a guy like me who likes to worry about everything... How the hell am i supposta enjoy my ski if every day someone comes out with something NEW to worry about? where is the store that sells a worry and trouble free ski(thats still good in chop)
    43 and i still have all of my hair too!

+1
    just think every 25 hours, oil, filter, plugs, idler bearings, pump bearings, need sponsorship just to leave the garage.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RTO12513 View Post
    I had an awesome day on the river, runnin 7800-7850 the best shes ever run. Atleast untill the end of the day, she slowed a little. I got home from the bar and start lookin her over and when I look where the pump shaft bearing is suppose to be is nothing. Which would also explain where my water in the hull is coming from. Now I got lucky enough to catch it I guess, unlike poor English Bob, but it still wrecked my pump and all with only 32 hours. Anybody try to warrenty this kinda stuff yet? I posted pics, its kinda hard to get a camera at the bearing but notice the shiney spot on the shaft where the inner race is suppose to be. On the pump you can see where the prop was rubbing....
    I dont see your problem??

can you see the rubber lip on the seal towards the rear of that shiney section on the shaft,???

you cant see any part of a bearing even when it is in perfect condition,
    yes the shafts float back and forth and the seal will polish the shaft all shiney and shit.

maybe I am wrong but ,

but it all looks good to me., can you move the rear section of the coupling up and down????

Mine is fine and looks the same as your pic does!!!!

are you worrying about something you are not sure about ???

Recap even from new ski YOU CAN NOT SEE the bearing from in side hull, all I can see on mine is a bit of green grease ozzing out.

Waz

why is it when some one say's smoke, every body asumes fire!!!!!!

+1
    I know how i'll beat this i'll ask rudy to fix me a place in the shop to sleep...
    I'm new to motorsports and all this is overwhelming to me... I was hoping that this would resemble the reason i went from Ford to Toyota= no problems...I'm going to keep a positive atitude on this- just follow the rules and see where this will take me.I do enjoy this hobby though.. probabally more than boating(cept when fishing)

Yeah Waz I know its a shitty picture but in person you can see the inner race not aligned with the outter and no balls between the two of them. And my pump didnt look like that before I went riding sunday.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information