+1

For those coming over to the darkside.

We are trying to put together a copulation of of upgrading the GPR 1200's to the 1300 specs + other improvements. The 1300 upgrades are more than just the 84mm pistons. The hull changes will make a difference in the way your ski handles.

I think it is very important for you R1200 owners to get the 50mm extension and 1300 intermediate shaft. You will have to fabricate your steering and trim cable extensions, which are fairly easy to do. The improvement in rough water handling is very noticeable as is the extra speed that it brings. I believe this mod does give a few tenths on top-end, no matter what "others" have said on the other board. You get an extra gulp of water before it hits the impellor and I think at high speed it is helping supply needed water to be processed by the pump.

Like I usually say, the Japanese put it in there for a reason.

Anyway..those of you wanting to go to the darkside and sell your Raiders, GP and Blasters. The prices are insanely low for these GPR's right now, so you can probably afford both.

I have seen 3 GPR's below $4k in the last 2 weeks. This is unreal. And it is the last of the Mohicans..our beloved Yamaha 2 strokes will end with the GPR next year. So I suggest you get them while you can, cuz there's no way in Haddes the 4 strokes will ever be as fun and easy to work than the 2's. Thats the fact. We've got on board manuals, how to's and argueably the best on-board techs (GroupK, Island racing,Watcon,Nando, Hydroys, Crankworks, Factory ghost) to help you along the way.

Tis the season to get ready to mod..and as you can see GPR is still the king.

[/b]

+1
    I'm hoping the used 1200 GPR's drop in price next year - plan on buying one for the wife. Of course, I'll take it over and start modding it just like Kerry did to April's boat!

Copulation - Sexual intercourse for reproduction; Cross dressing. The practice of wearing the clothes of the opposite gender, usually for sexual or emotional gratification ...

I hope you meant "compilation". Otherwise, you're more obsessed than I realized!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by '02GPRider
    Copulation - Sexual intercourse for reproduction; Cross dressing. The practice of wearing the clothes of the opposite gender, usually for sexual or emotional gratification ...

I hope you meant "compilation". Otherwise, you're more obsessed than I realized!
    Yesirrrr...that would be us! I'll have to put that in my lexicon next time, course it is kinda telling, huh? Cross dressing, nope, but sheep herders we have!

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    PW this will do your heart good to hear...

I am actively considering dumping the SLX before I do the proposed winter motor work and picking up a GPR...

In the process right now of potentially negotiating out the sale of the SLX as is...

Can;t believe I just said that...We'll see what happens...

+1
    Chris,
    just take a ride on a well built single pipe gp13r from this site. ONE RIDE.

I double dawg dare you.

God forbid you jump on a triple pipe machine and feel the power of the dark side.

+1
    Well I still have the 98xpl, but I bought a 2000 gpr1200. I really am glad I bought it. I didn't think I'd like it. After talking with Fernando, I bought some parts from him, mostly for safety factors as I had read the problems with some of these gprs. After racing a few gprs last weekend, I am very happy with my purchase. Mainly with the fact its not tuned in all the way, waiting on the prop, ride plate, intake, and I have to install the trim tabs. The ski has done me good so far.
    What I would like to know is what other hull mods can I do?
    SHOOTER

Thread Information