Thread: pro1200 reeds

pro1200 reeds

What reeds should i buy for my pro1200 ? I dont know what brand, etc. If anyone can help me that would be great thanks : )

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    I thought you were selling it??????

V Force seem to work the best IMO.

I will still modify it even though im selling it, LOL If she sells, then so be it, if not im keeping it

VF 3's from a Polaris Fusion/IQ 600(not fuel injected)...I've had a few sets and these work the best...Huge reed surface area.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

reeds

what did you pay for them??about 5 hp over stock maybe 2 tops over carbon tech petals on stock port motor wouldn't ya say???seem like they were 350-400 range on price.are they adjustable tension like the II's were??i believe the vf are mid tension only were as the ct are light and give a snappier and more responsive throttle off idle.in my opinion pipes and say 44mm up carbs with porting the vf's are the way to go cuz the greater petal area will allow you to take advantage of the increased air flow from bigger carbs,pipes and porting.my 2 cents anyway

Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    what did you pay for them??about 5 hp over stock maybe 2 tops over carbon tech petals on stock port motor wouldn't ya say???seem like they were 350-400 range on price.are they adjustable tension like the II's were??i believe the vf are mid tension only were as the ct are light and give a snappier and more responsive throttle off idle.in my opinion pipes and say 44mm up carbs with porting the vf's are the way to go cuz the greater petal area will allow you to take advantage of the increased air flow from bigger carbs,pipes and porting.my 2 cents anyway
    Guess I took it as he was asking for a whole reed valve assembly. If so, this is the way to go. If he's looking for bang for the buck, sure the carbon techs give an improved throttle response and are probably the best bet. I did gain 50rpm by changing from VFII's to the III's on my motor, but its hardly stock. They are not adjustable. Not sure on the tension either, but they are designed to live in an 8200+ rpm sled motor, so they are probably mid-high.

Mine were carry overs from my sled, so it didn't really cost me anything...they are only worth 1-2hp on a much smaller sled motor, so I pulled them out.

Today i ordered some Boyson reeds from my local polaris dealer for the pro1200 watercraft.....how are these? cost me 164.99 do i need to install with the stuffer they come with or just swap the reeds...

Thread Information