+1

Guys.. Need input on my Intake!!

Contacted a local dealer today and enquired about a 4" intake which they had for sale. After explaining my riding conditions, he thought the intake mightn't be such a good idea.. I ride always in salt water, and sometimes a fair amount of chop, with a bit of wave jumping. The seller thought it may not be any good as i may ingest water.. What are my intake options? or am i doomed to stick to the stock intake? Also what are the consequences of water ingestion?

+1
    Search front intake or 4 inch intake on here. Loads of people are running 4 inch intakes up above the fuel tank Including me, with good results and no risk of water injestion. If you take on a little water then it no big deal the engine will just splutter and burn it up. But if you take on alot of water then this can hydro lock the engine and bend you conrods, NOT GOOD!!!!! Some people have had no problems with the rear intake but i personally would not use it in your conditions to much risk. Also if you like doin dougnut an spin out then IMO it deff a nono. It is a straight line, top speed mod. R88

I have a 3 inch intake and ride in rough water, never 1 single problem, maybe this dealer thought you have a sub marine instead of a ski

+1
    LOL rxp boy.. that made me piss myself!! I was thinking maybe the 3" is a safer option?? do u use the pre-filter?

Quote Originally Posted by rxp_boy View Post
    I have a 3 inch intake and ride in rough water, never 1 single problem, maybe this dealer thought you have a sub marine instead of a ski

+1
    R88 when you say its not suitable if im doing doughnuts and spins and shit. You Were referring to the rear intake is that right?? Would the front intake be okay for these conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Search front intake or 4 inch intake on here. Loads of people are running 4 inch intakes up above the fuel tank Including me, with good results and no risk of water injestion. If you take on a little water then it no big deal the engine will just splutter and burn it up. But if you take on alot of water then this can hydro lock the engine and bend you conrods, NOT GOOD!!!!! Some people have had no problems with the rear intake but i personally would not use it in your conditions to much risk. Also if you like doin dougnut an spin out then IMO it deff a nono. It is a straight line, top speed mod. R88

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    The dealer is trying to persuade you against doing anything as they have been told by Sea-Doo to do so.....

So a front 4" intake is ok....Running a rear intake in wave jumping well it has more of oportunity to injest to much water and do damage to your engine....

But do a search for 4" intake and you will find a lot of people and a lot of different set-ups......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    R88 when you say its not suitable if im doing doughnuts and spins and shit. You Were referring to the rear intake is that right?? Would the front intake be okay for these conditions?

yes im pretty sure hes refering to the rear intake not being suitable.

the front intake is meant to be the best or rather safest if your in chop or wave jumping etc although plenty people use rear intake in these situations with no probs at all.....your choice buddy.

Thread Information