Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

free-mod X-ski freeflow exhaust

I did this when I first got the ski, because the exhaust tube over the I/C drove me crazy. It just makes it alot easier to work on without that pretzel shaped exhaust tube going over the I/C piping, and all over the rear of the ski. I utilized the OEM "pretzel tube" cut down to do this, and have been running it for ~50hrs, with no issues, and it sounds great.

I explained in another thread, but basically, I just looked at the piece of tubing long enough, and found a bend I could cut to route the tube over the tunnel, and under the I/C, where I could connect it to the factory exhaust outlet with a small piece (6" ?) of alum tubing to relpace the resonator. I pulled the tube out of the random parts bin, so this was completely free for me. Maybe not the best flowing, best looking,or best quality, but does the job perfect, and doesnt cost $300 like the R&D one..

Sorry for not the best pics, but you get the idea. i have to change my S/C soon, and will post more detailed pics of everything if anyone wants.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0129.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	381.7 KB 
ID:	89634   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0128.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	811.8 KB 
ID:	89635  

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Free is good..............

i make, break, and fix things 08255's Avatar
    free IS good..

i cant believe you still have the worm gear clamps on the IC piping..those clamps are junk!

Quote Originally Posted by 08255 View Post
    free IS good..

i cant believe you still have the worm gear clamps on the IC piping..those clamps are junk!
    Yeah, the t-bolts I have dont fit, and I havent had one of those blow off yet, so havent bothered to change them. Going alum piping soon anyway.

+1
    Thats exactly what I did to get the rear intake on my RXTX!!

i make, break, and fix things 08255's Avatar
    i also am in the process of starting a complete re-piping of the X. gonna get an ebay 3"intercooler kit and see what happens...lots of turns and curves ! it should be a fun one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 08255 View Post
    i also am in the process of starting a complete re-piping of the X. gonna get an ebay 3"intercooler kit and see what happens...lots of turns and curves ! it should be a fun one.
    while were on this topic,

I've always been told the more bends in your pipes, the more friction or K factor. ( which takes away boost).

with keeping the stock intercooler on the x in place, can you reverse the flow thru the cooler.. it looks like if you did you would eliminate a whole bunch of those bends. is this possible?

+1
    I did something similar on my buddies PX, used riva free flow kit and cut the OE exhaust hose to fit from waterbox right under IC over to the free flow pipe, fits like a Riva, Rotax or PPG free flow pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post

I've always been told the more bends in your pipes, the more friction or K factor. ( which takes away boost).

with keeping the stock intercooler on the x in place, can you reverse the flow through the cooler.. it looks like if you did you would eliminate a whole bunch of those bends. is this possible?
    I have been thinking the EXACT same thing, after looking at my own post pictures, haha. I'm going to try this in the next few days. I have tons of random piece of intake tubing laying around, 2 Riva I/C kits worth at least. I'll see what I can work out still using the stock mount location. Thinking I might angle the I/C about 45 degrees towards the TB side.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post

with keeping the stock intercooler on the x in place, can you reverse the flow thru the cooler.. it looks like if you did you would eliminate a whole bunch of those bends. is this possible?
    That avatar is funny as chit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information