My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1

70mph speedo on 04 12f

Hey guys i have a 2004 stx 12 f with a short ram intake and i filled the rideplate holes and sealed the edges and waxed the hull, well i was out riding yesterday and the water was like glass, i was on like 2 bars of fuel and supermaned out and i looked up and the speedo said 70mph!!! so i was wondering how much this could be off by, because my previous best was 61 and what could have caused it to be that off. i only got it to 70 once but it was running consistantly 65 with me and a friend. so i dont know whats going on.

Sean

get a GPS, and you'll know exactly how much your off by. ALl ski's vary in actual speed, hence the name DREAMOMETER.

my 15F stock does 62 GPS....

Team N2L #112 *Monster 15FKawi*'s Avatar
    lol i kno what you mean. 25hrs on my 08 15f & it says 70 on the dreamometer.
    haven't gps.d since ive those numbers,but hopfully it more than my previous. but it wasnt bad.59.4 Full Tank
    Are Waters & Air always humid. best results are in winter.

Wish my dremometer was rite, I would have a 98mph ultra 150

Get yourself a gps, its the first tunning tool you should have for a ski

+1
    Its my understanding that water density can play a big factor. I have a 07 15f, its bone stock.. well it was when this happened. Up at Greers Ferry lake in ark. I was up where the Little Red river comes into the lake. The water temp was around 65 to 68 degrees, the air temp was in the mid 90's, with 3 bars of fuel showing I jumped down hard on mine with the gps on the glove box and ran for a little over 2 miles down the river into the lake. When I stopped and checked the gps it read 68.3 mph while the dreamometer was reading a solid 70 mph. I took the damn thing to be checked out figuring it wasn't correct. the gps checked out perfect. There was a current of about 4 mph.. guessing at that... With that in mine I figure I was running 65 to 66 maybe. Taking the current speed away that is.

You could have had some sort of help from the flow of the water. Get a gps and check it out ....

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    I knew they were generous but i never knew they were that giving. what would be a nice affordable gps that is accurate and waterproof? the current makes sense because on the same run accept for reversed i only ran about 58. who knows i just thought it was interesting.

Sean

Alot of guys use the garmin e trex others use the garmin foretrex / forerunner. Both have current and max speed display. You can do a search here for gps and get lots of info.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    I knew they were generous but i never knew they were that giving. what would be a nice affordable gps that is accurate and waterproof? the current makes sense because on the same run accept for reversed i only ran about 58. who knows i just thought it was interesting.

Sean
    I just bought a Garmin eTrax off ebay for $65 shipped. The handle bar mount was an additional $20. It is their basic unit but is perfect for speed runs. It is waterproof and floats.

Lol, I own a 12f as well as a 15f and the 12 does 55-57mph max....

Thread Information