Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Thumbs up My Opinion of the FZR

After 8+ years of working with a gpr hull, It has to be one of the best designes out there for a PWC. Yamaha took the SHO modded the bottom of the hull by adding lifting strakes to try to get the heavy ski out of the water some and added a new top deck and two seats instead of three. Yamaha did not do the speed guys any favor when they came up with this design .With the weight of the FZR hull and the length it,s not going to be easy to these hulls ( SHO or FZR ) up and out of the water like the gpr hull to make speed. Its going to take a lot of pump thrust and angle to get that long/ heavy hull up out of the water. The reason the gprxp conversion work so good is because you can get the hull up and out of the water ( less drag ). IMO you can add all the HP you want to a SHO-FZR hull and you are only going to see a 75+ mph ski at best with moderate mods except for the guy who puts mega bucks in his motor to get 300-400 HP then he will have a 80+ mph ski. Don't get me wrong its a nice ski I wll probley try one in the summer of 09. I just don't think it's going to be the 80+ ski that every one was looking for that easy. Time / dollars and a lot of R&D will tell if I am right or wrong. My best to everyone! Tommy Jordan

+1
    You forgot to add that it is ugly.

I like it....alot

+1
    no matter how much you like it, deep down inside...you know its ugly....

No, let's be honest, the fzr is very long for a 2 seater, but we gotta admit that it's not ugly H2HO, it's dynamic and new, and still has the SHO spirit, so I think it's great looking but doesn't have the spirit of the gpr because of it's size...

Quote Originally Posted by H2HO View Post
    no matter how much you like it, deep down inside...you know its ugly....
    I like it...and i'm going to buy one.

+1
    Let's take the opinions to another thread. Tommy's review of the hull is going to be important to a lot of members here so we don't need to fill the tread up with B.S.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us Tommy. I'm sure many members here really appreciate it.

What's your guess Tommy, 2-3 mph increase over the SHO hull?

Moderated
    tommy

thats pretty much what i thought, getting it into the 80's will cost a bomb and require some pretty serious horsies under the seat.

because of the enlarged pump tunnel it should have great hole shot but its still a big ski and getting that hull out of the water, which from i have learned here is one of the most important steps in making a ski get up and go, is not going to be easy, not with all that weight.

as far as i'm concerend, anything that's meant to be a 2 seat musclecraft and has mirrors is a failure. I can understand it on a 3 seater like the SHO or the sea doos, but 2 seater is basically a one person machine, and the only thing you should be doing is going WFO

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information