Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Winter Tear down and Rebuild please help.

I have removed the motor from my gpr1200 last week and have torn it all the way down to the crank. There is alot of oil and gas in the crank case is that normal? Also this is my first time tearing down a two stroke so i was hoping to get some help and advice from you guys. I have bought a few things from Fercho for my project. I was thinking of sending the crank to crank works good idea or not? If i decide to stay with the standerd bore should i get different pistons and should i have porting and polishing done? I will list the things i have and the things i just bought any and all help and ideas will be appreciated. I will use this folder for my complete project. I will diffently need help installing some of these things. Thanks

Things i have:
    Stinger 3
    free flow
    wave eater clips and couplings riva performance heads
    oil block off done
    riva flame arrestors
    Sent my carbs to island racing
    primer installed
    boyseen reed stuffers
    13\19 solas setback
    rive pump cone
    pump seal kit
    2 bar grate

Things i bought:
    Factory triples
    advent ign
    gas valves
    v force reeds
    rad total loss

+1

Re: Winter Tear down and Rebuild please help.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I have removed the motor from my gpr1200 last week and have torn it all the way down to the crank. There is alot of oil and gas in the crank case is that normal? Also this is my first time tearing down a two stroke so i was hoping to get some help and advice from you guys. I have bought a few things from Fercho for my project. I was thinking of sending the crank to crank works good idea or not? If i decide to stay with the standerd bore should i get different pistons and should i have porting and polishing done? I will list the things i have and the things i just bought any and all help and ideas will be appreciated. I will use this folder for my complete project. I will diffently need help installing some of these things. Thanks

Things i have:
    Stinger 3
    free flow
    wave eater clips and couplings riva performance heads
    oil block off done
    riva flame arrestors
    Sent my carbs to island racing
    primer installed
    boyseen reed stuffers
    13\19 solas setback
    rive pump cone
    pump seal kit
    2 bar grate

Things i bought:
    Factory triples
    advent ign
    gas valves
    v force reeds
    rad total loss
    Okay, so what are you trying to do with this ski? How much do you weigh? How rough is the water you ride in? Do you do closed course racing or just grudge racing? I think you will get lots of opinions. Listen to them all and ask lots of questions. Oil and gas in the engine is normal.

From your "bought" list, it looks like you are going stage3 triple pipes. Here is what I would do:
    -Buy a manual.
    -Sell the Rad Total loss.
    -Have your stock flywheel lightenned and balanced. Also radius the backside of the hole.
    -Learn to use safety wire, and use it to replace the springs in your gas valves.
    -Port the cylinders and bore to 84mm.
    -Install a 14/20
    -Send the crank to Crankworks. Print out their packing list and let them know what you are doing with this ski.
    -Do the 2" pump extension. It's pretty easy when the engine is out of ski. If your gp12r is a 2002 model, you can do it easy anytime.
    -Reinforce your rear pump tunnel.
    -Replace the hose on the driveshaft tunnel with a reinforced version.
    -Check your inserts and see if they are starting to crack. Replace with 2004 and up inserts if you are forced to deal with them.
    -Left front corner of your front case, should be trimmed back to clear pipes.
    -Remove pv controller when engine is out.
    -Verify no holes in bottom of inner liner. Seal up if there is.
    -Intake manifold crossover ports, should be sealed.
    -Learn how to align your engine to the intermediatte shaft.
    -When you have your engine out, if you reroute all your electronics wires down below where your carbs sit, you get them away from the triple pipes and it makes it much neater in there.
    -Install a bilge pump. There is 12v available to use from the power valve controller harness.

+1
    More importantly, welcome to the board.

Put in your location in your profile, and get folks that live in your area to help you with the engine work. It's easy.

I live in Hanover PA. I ride mostly on Raystown lake which is usely about 1 to 2 foot chops. I weigh 240 dry. I want to spank my brother inlaws rxp tired of hearing him brag. I love jumping the huge boat wakes. It is a 2001. Would love to hit 77 after rebuild. Who should i send my porting work to and boring? And what brand pistons and who sells them? Thanks again im excited to get started and cant wait for next summer.

+1
    Get in touch with Lowell Horning about your porting. Gas quality is always a problem. You want to keep the ability to run premium.

Talk to InsandiegoJoe on here about the best price for pistons.

Jumping boat wakes with triple pipe setup? Hmmm, I'd consider a single pipe setup if you are going to be rough and tumble with it.

Do you have a number for lowell. Do you think the triples are going to give me that much trouble? Also the 84 bore will i still beable to use my riva heads?

+1
    PM LHorning...he is a new member here

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Do you have a number for lowell. Do you think the triples are going to give me that much trouble? Also the 84 bore will i still beable to use my riva heads?
    Which riva head?

+1
    Buy a PET or a Advent tach.

All i know is it is the riva three piece performance heads there black. I have a tiny tac dont remember what brand. But i heard there not all that great. How do you pm somebody sorry might be a stupid question but im not real good with these computers. by the way i do have the manuel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information