rxp speedo issue

my 2006 rxp speedo stops at 69 mph even though i know it is still picking up speed .it is still under warranty but dealer thinks it is normal. is it? I plan on doing some mods to this rxp , but will never know if i am improving the top speed if the speedo stops at 69.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rotaxx951 View Post
    my 2006 rxp speedo stops at 69 mph even though i know it is still picking up speed .it is still under warranty but dealer thinks it is normal. is it? I plan on doing some mods to this rxp , but will never know if i am improving the top speed if the speedo stops at 69.
    THree little letters shall solve your problems

G

P

S

Its the only practical way to get accurate speed numbers anyway.

rxp speedo

I dont care how accurate the speedo is, I just know that the ski is still picking up speed when it stops at 69.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    I dont care how accurate the speedo is, I just know that the ski is still picking up speed when it stops at 69.
    Amazingly, your dealer is correct, BRP speedos stop at 69 or 70

rxp speedo

are you sure,because I have seen these rxp:s on e-bay and the sellers advertising that they are hitting up to 72mph on the speedo.Even if it is not doing an honest 72 , i would like to know for sure if my speedo should register past 69. The lcd bar that goes around the speedo goes up to 80mph.I even used a blow gun off my compressor and spun the paddle wheel with air while on the trailer.it still stopped at 69!

my RXT stops at 70 with still a good amount of throttle left too

+1
    THEY STOP AT 69 OR 70,I HAVE SEEN SOME PEOPLE POST OTHERWISE

My RXP stops at 69 and just as mentioned above I can maintain this "so called" 69mph at approximately 3/4 throttle, I have a GPS and I can tell you that the faster you go the more "optimsitic" the speedo gets, I ride with another friend who has the exact same ski as me with a Stage 1 (he pulls me slow and steady) and his speedo also stops at 69mph. I ride with 2 others with 07 and 08 RXP's..... they stop at 70MPH. Nothing wrong with your speedometer, its the way it comes from the factory and there is nothing you can do to change it. Get yourself a GPS if you want to see how fast your really going.

+1
    are you sure,
    Yep. he sure is..

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Todd View Post
    THEY STOP AT 69 OR 70,
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by MVR 155 View Post
    ..... they stop at 70MPH. Nothing wrong with your speedometer, its the way it comes from the factory and there is nothing you can do to change it. Get yourself a GPS if you want to see how fast your really going.
    Exactly!!

Snowman.... with a Riva ECU I have my speedo going past 70mph

It's pretty accurate up to 77 then after that it's a little off. I've hit 81.5 and the factory speedo showed 83mph.

Here is a video for proof... sorry about the quality, but thats the best I could do holding the camera with my left hand and trying to accelerate past 70mph. I have a cheap video camera and don't have a mounting system.

If you click the video link header on top of the actual video below---and play it directly from youtube you can then select high quality and see it better. I think if you add a format command to the end of the video like (&fmt=6) for flv video or (&fmt=18 ) for mpeg4 format you get the high quality version on youtube that is clear compared to the degraded normal version. Too bad you can't embed this into the links here I guess you can only use there player on there site to view high quality.

Thread Information