Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exhaust/waterbox/dual thru-hull question

I've got my dual thru-hull in, but wanted to run something by the gurus. What I've got is a stock waterbox with a 10" stainless "Y" splitter coming out and into two Riva thru-hull pipes, each exiting to the opposite sides of the transom.

My concern is, will the water in the waterbox be able to exit as it should with the extra 10" splitter? Does it pretty much come out as steam? Normally one Riva pipe would connect directly to the waterbox, and it has about a 12" rise itself. I want to get an idea of whether or not it's a concern that the water has another 10 inches further to go, before it's over the hump in the Riva pipes and out the thru-hull.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010790.JPG 
Views:	659 
Size:	349.8 KB 
ID:	89746   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010796.JPG 
Views:	331 
Size:	551.9 KB 
ID:	89747   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010799.JPG 
Views:	280 
Size:	571.5 KB 
ID:	89748  

Banned User
    +1
    Nice setup....

As long as you don't cut supply water going through the Jpipe, you are fine.....Figure the amount of exhaust going through the system is the same, but now has 2 different paths...Thus has 2 extra paths to dispurse heat, not build heat.....It would be different if you had 2 motors and their respective exhausts going into one single box....

Alright, just wanted to make sure that the water's going to be able to leave the box as it should. Dipped it in for a leak test, but still have to put back a lot of other parts, so I'll be testing it for real this weekend. Also created a "T" in the bottom J-pipe water feed, along with a valve and another "T" to pissers at the ends of both pipes, to be able to tune the sound and/or amount of water in the waterbox.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010788.JPG 
Views:	210 
Size:	442.5 KB 
ID:	89927   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010804.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	400.0 KB 
ID:	89928  

When are you going to hit the lake for some speed runs. Have you run it since finding your boost leak via throttle body lube nipple?

Nope, but this weekend should be the weekend, depending where this tropical storm goes. You really have to rip everything but the engine out to do this dual thru-hull job, so I've been down for at least six weeks now. (This isn't the boating season in Florida anyway.) I've gotten a lot done in that time... off the top of my head:

-The double thru-hull exhaust
    -J-pipe "T" pisser line
    -R&D exhaust extension of the J-pipe
    -J-pipe flare
    -AFR O2 bung
    -Throttle body lube parts installed to fix boost leak
    -R&D "X" grate
    -Reconfiguration of the XS IC, secured with the old resonator strap
    -Reconfigured air intake with extra SS filter
    -15/19 3-blade tweaked
    -Rude SC shimmed
    -Green "X" water restrictor
    -Tapped dedicated port for the RRFPR
    -Denso plugs
    -Mobil 1 4T oil
    -Installed keel guard

Whew, I'm starting to wonder what my full time job is. It's best to do one mod at a time but with everything ripped out for so long, I can't just stop working on it. With any luck, it'll be running good, and I can start tuning the AFR next.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Wow, Scott, thats a shiny ass j-pipe you got there! I'm so dying to get a boat.

I cant wait for the results...Try to video the sound in and out of the water...I may just drive on down for a ride around the lake..

This storm is a joke..cancelled everything and nothing has really happened in two days!

Scott, it looks like you are about to get bragging rights for the worlds fastest Speedster 150. I wonder how close you will come to Somefun's speed record for a seadoo boat. Let us know ASAP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cfnnslsq
    Scott, it looks like you are about to get bragging rights for the worlds fastest Speedster 150. I wonder how close you will come to Somefun's speed record for a seadoo boat. Let us know ASAP!!!
    Eh, I don't want to jinx myself, but I think I should be at a good 65mph, though I anticipate having to tweak one of my 4-blades (instead of the 15/19) to see that, BUT, that's still a LONG way from 73mph. IF, I'm able to get there, that means I'd be running 67mph in the cooler months. Aside from going down the turbo route, it seems an aftermarket ECU would be about the last thing I could do (without really getting crazy with cams and such), and if that is +2 or 3mph, I can't ever see breaking 70. Hell, "mrracing"'s supposed to be working on a 2007 S200 and a S150 that he's already got to 64mph. He's been very quiet lately... almost tooo quiet. What's he up to?

Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime
    Wow, Scott, thats a shiny ass j-pipe you got there! I'm so dying to get a boat.
    Yeah, I couldn't believe it, I put one of my old spark plugs under my pillow and the parts fairy left my this shiny J-pipe, complete with an O2 bung! I'm going to sleep with my old resonator under my pillow tonight to see what happens. (thanks again, Josh!)

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    No problem. I'm glad we could work things out. Good luck my friend. Get us a vid soon.

BTW, where did you get the trick splitter?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information