R-12x InterCooler...!!!

has anyone used a diffrent style intercooler on a 05 R-12x other than the macsboost ? i know i saw rodne with a custom setup but if im not mistaken it was for an F-12x...if anyone had tried it please let me know and if have pics avaliable please post...

thanks in advance
    JC

Quote Originally Posted by 05R12XTurBoSki View Post
    has anyone used a diffrent style intercooler on a 05 R-12x other than the macsboost ? i know i saw rodne with a custom setup but if im not mistaken it was for an F-12x...if anyone had tried it please let me know and if have pics avaliable please post...

thanks in advance
    JC
    Just curious why you were after a different style intercooler. We are using the Mac intercooler on our Open Class R12-X and have no troubles running 24lb boost, so obviously the intercooler is working.

I am in no way saying Macs intercooler is better or worse than Nitro's, so please, no one start up that topic again, BORING.

patrat have you guys ran a top end run with the open class r12x and if not y?have you revved 8,500rpms on a 17/29 repitched?Im curious if its worth the money to get the ecu you have. can you rev to 9or even 10,000rpms?

We have set the revs at 7500RPM. We have done this for longevity of the motor, as this build was done as a learning curve, as we knew the R-12X would not be competive in Open Class. Top end speed was never a goal for us, as we knew the hull design is the problem on the 12's. It is no good have a ski that can do 70 odd MPH, but you can't stay on it in a race situation.

Our goal was holeshot & mid range punch. We acheived that. I have had to start doing weights to build my arms up. The ski pulls hard.

We holeshoted a 400+HP Ultra at a race meeting earlier in the year & the ski wasn't even tuned properly & the launch control wasn't working then.

All the R&D will go into the 15 when it arrives in Australia (early October). Building a Stock Class & a Open Class ski. The Stock Class will be done first.

Our biggest problem has been time, as we work full time & have family committments. Now that we have a Dyno Tuner, mapping the ECU is so much quicker & accurate.

As far as the Autronics is concerned, yes I do believe it is worth the money. We will be moving on to the ViPEC V44, because it is a purpose built ECU (marine version, fully sealed), faster processing speed, higher build quality, cheaper & full back up support from the supplier.

We will run the ski this weekend with it mapped on the Dyno. I will post some feedback next week.

patrat i have a question for you where will i be able to find and aftermarket steering bar for my ski...i think i saw your ski with one after market in a pic that you post in a thread...

I made the adaptor plate which bolts to the original handle bar mount holes, i then drilled new holes in the adaptor to mount the handle bar clamps in the position to suit the new bars.
    This works well and no modificaton was needed to the original steering stem. We can put the standard bars back on at anytime.

Pictures of the Handle Bar mods that VMN02 did to my ski. ODI grips were fitted also

Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0417.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	90847   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0418.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	165.1 KB 
ID:	90848   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0419.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	175.0 KB 
ID:	90849  

thanx patrat...how about the throttle what ski do i order it off of ?

We used a Stratus throttle. Cable screwed straight in without adaptor

Thread Information