Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just joined the Mmadness!

Hi gang..I just bought a brand new GTX 155 last week, rode it to "break in" time..and sold it to a friend so that I could get into a new 215 (after reading this forum, I could not resist the temptation any longer!)

Also, what will the top speed be on the 215 with the learner key that comes with it? Sorry for the dumb early Q, but I'm a bit confused by what comes vs. what I can buy..or do I need to tell the dealer how to program it for me?

Can't wait to get it out onto the lakes and rivers, taking delivery this afternoon. I love the 155 and it's quiet growling smoothness..but can not WAIT to try this new beast out..

Couple Qs: Is it true that the speedo will cut right at 70mpg and this is really about 63-65mph true speed?

I got to top speeed on speedo of 56 on the 155..was this about 50-52 true? I've read numerous times that about 54-55mph via gps was possible, but what would the speedo read on the machine? Is it gonna get faster once broken in longer?

Thanks and looking foward to gettin' to know you all a bit better. Seems like a great forum!

Cheers,

Brian
    Last edited by meathead; 08-20-2008 at 01:45 PM.

welcome to the forum.. yes, it looks like you got the itch....
    you are corect about the actual speeds verces the speedo... get a gps to be accurate.
    you will really see a big difference with the 215 seadoo... congrats!!!

Banned User
    +1
    Welcome to the boards...

DO NOT USE THE LEARING KEY FOR BREAK-IN!!!!! The learning key simply shuts down 1 of the cylinders, thus not allowing the rings to set right on that one....Use the learning key for people that have never really ridden...but if thats the case, YOU DRIVE and they ride behind you!

The more hours you put on the ski the faster it will run, and once you hit 10 hours it will be fine...

As for speeds, you want to ASSUME it reads 10-15% high than what you are actually going. So if it said 55-56, you were going about 50...This GTX will get you into the early-mid 60's (62-65) range depending on conditions. OEM speedo should stop reading at 70, but that does not mean the ski will not go any faster....

And EVERYTHING for an RXP/RXT, as far as performance mods, will apply....

HAPPY RIDING.......Report back after you ride it....

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Welcome to the boards...

DO NOT USE THE LEARING KEY FOR BREAK-IN!!!!! The learning key simply shuts down 1 of the cylinders, thus not allowing the rings to set right on that one....Use the learning key for people that have never really ridden...but if thats the case, YOU DRIVE and they ride behind you!

The more hours you put on the ski the faster it will run, and once you hit 10 hours it will be fine...

As for speeds, you want to ASSUME it reads 10-15% high than what you are actually going. So if it said 55-56, you were going about 50...This GTX will get you into the early-mid 60's (62-65) range depending on conditions. OEM speedo should stop reading at 70, but that does not mean the ski will not go any faster....

And EVERYTHING for an RXP/RXT, as far as performance mods, will apply....

HAPPY RIDING.......Report back after you ride it....

Excellent info..thanks!

I have kids and wondered about that biz with the learner key.. They are really experienced and trustworthy, but I'm gonna watch their azzes like a hawk

Banned User
    +1
    Your old GTX was a POOCH compared to this toy. This is "Daddy's ski", so make sure they know that...

But once you become comfortable with the ski, you can let them ride it at your disgression...

meathead -- is your ski a gtx limited ? -- if so it comes with a GPS i have a gtx limited speedo tells me i do around 68 to 70 -- but the gps is saying 64 to 66 but i have a riva stage one kit on mine --- its a fun big ski which i enjoy -- i'm older and can't take the beating that the young bucks can take on the 2 seaters

Quote Originally Posted by homebrew View Post
    meathead -- is your ski a gtx limited ? -- if so it comes with a GPS i have a gtx limited speedo tells me i do around 68 to 70 -- but the gps is saying 64 to 66 but i have a riva stage one kit on mine --- its a fun big ski which i enjoy -- i'm older and can't take the beating that the young bucks can take on the 2 seaters

I hear ya on the kids issue..I'm going to have to be really careful and stay out of trouble with Momma. She won't like it if I get them hurt. It is not a LTD. I got her for 10,750 btw..pretty good deal! Add the Gas Card and I couldn't afford not to buy it

Thanks for the speed info..sounds like this thing will really pull me arms off

GTI SE 155
    I envy you a bit.....I really love my GTI 155, great handling, but I now (no surprize) long for higher speeds......with gas prices & the economy, I just might pick up a RXT-X at "close-out" later this summer.
    There seem to be lots of bargains. I see Ultra 250's for mid - 9k, and regular RXT's & Wake 215's for not much more! Imagine what we might see in late winter 2009 for "08 units that must be moved

+1
    Welcome to the forum

I am pretty new to the forum too meathead. I have GTXL with GPS and was reading 40 on the learning key at like 5200 rpm to answer your original question. Now reading 65.2 superman style in glass flat water in the port of Tampa after 10 hours. This forum is AWESOME!!! I have learned more than I thought possible (lost a lot of sleep in the process). Stage 2+ with advice from Jerry and others is being installed this week. Will post new readings next weekend!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information