+1

Fuel Pressure Gauge Is Not Stable

I have a fuel pressure gauge that is not stable. I have it set at 45 psi. When I turn the ski on, it is at 45. I start out flying and then a little while later I lose 50-100 rpm's. Every time I check my fuel pressure and the gauge is down around 40. I take it home and let it sit. Next time I start it up on the hose, it is right back at 45 psi right where I set it. I know that the drop in fuel pressure is the cause for my slight loss of power, but does anyone know why. I also don't want to run lean and F something up. Any ideas?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by erckawasaki View Post
    I have a fuel pressure gauge that is not stable. I have it set at 45 psi. When I turn the ski on, it is at 45. I start out flying and then a little while later I lose 50-100 rpm's. Every time I check my fuel pressure and the gauge is down around 40. I take it home and let it sit. Next time I start it up on the hose, it is right back at 45 psi right where I set it. I know that the drop in fuel pressure is the cause for my slight loss of power, but does anyone know why. I also don't want to run lean and F something up. Any ideas?

buy a quality pressure reg and gauge

I suggest SARD

http://www.nengun.com/sard/fuel-regulator-type-rj
    this one can do over 700hp

http://www.nengun.com/sard/fuel-regulator-8mm-nipple
    or even the smaller one only rated to 450 hp ,
    this one will do fine,
    its not the cheapest,
    But can u put a price on loosing fuel pressure at WOT
    I say start the bidding at $1000+ for engine repairs

but others use the Magna-fuel

Waz
    Last edited by sirbreaksalot; 08-20-2008 at 07:30 PM.

+1
    Thanks. I definitely have to think about which one to get. Mine is not cutting it.

+1

Talking

Thanks. I definitely have to think about which one to get. Mine is not cutting it.

I have been thinking about your probs ERCKAWASAKI

these are the areas that your problem is in

1. Fuel pump to small or faulty, ( you did use a Walbro with pulley kit? )
    What pump did you use?
    2. Pressure regulator is not up to the job, ( this happens alot on cheap units, they are very inconsistent with the pressure they deliver)

If you can get me those spec's it will make diagnosing the problem easier

Waz

+1
    I'll get that info tomorrow. Once I get that, I'll get back to you.
    Last edited by ercBOOSTED; 08-20-2008 at 10:07 PM.

have you ever had your fuel regulator come loose? i install my fuel regulator the same way you did, directly to the fuel rail and i feel that there's too much vibration unless you make a base to reinforce it in place. i would post a pic but don't know how to i will try to make a support for it today but if not i will remove it from where it is and mount it at the i/c like the others have done. i ran it on the water hose for like 5 minutes and already found a drop of fuel.

+1
    turbo smart fuel pressure regulator, the pump was from r&D it was a worlbro 255. Never had a problem with it coming loose. I don't have to adjust it at all. It is locked in on the spot I had it. It goes to around 40 psi after it heats up and when I start it the next day it is back at 45. I have a new regulator coming tomorrow or the next day. Hopefully that works. If not, a new fuel pump would be the next option.

+1
    turbo smart fuel pressure regulator, the pump was from r&D it was a worlbro 255. Never had a problem with it coming loose. I don't have to adjust it at all. It is locked in on the spot I had it. It goes to around 40 psi after it heats up and when I start it the next day it is back at 45. I have a new regulator coming tomorrow or the next day. Hopefully that works. If not, a new fuel pump would be the next option.

Have All the internals of the standard pump/reg have been removed so only pump in the tank now?

what sizi return line etc are you running?

waz

+1
    I'm still waiting to find out about the other questions that you asked me, but today I set the fuel pressure at 48 psi and when I put it on the trailer to run the water out, it was down to 43-44 psi. So apparently it changes about 3-5 psi during my ride.

Thread Information