Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

Infiniti G35 Anyone?

I need a new everyday car because my SUV sucks way too much gas for the present day gas prices. So I went looking for a nice, not too expensive ride with decent gas mileage. So far, I have driven the Audi A4 2.0 T, Audi A4 3.2 and the Infiniti G35. The G35 had the most HP and acceleration. I liked the fit and finish of the A4 better, but the A4 just didn't have the peppy acceleration of the G35. I am leaning towards the G35, but looking for some insight.

+1
    Frank, my brother in law has the G35 and loves it. That car flat hauls ass!

Acura TL Frank!

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Why not an Audi S4?

Seriously if you want a comfy and classy commuter get the A4 3.2, the G35 looks very plain to me but I have been raised not knowing Japanese luxury cars, Lexus, Infiniti ot Acura don't do me anything.

If you want more performance step over the G35 and just get an M3, a C55 or a S4.

If you like the Audi 2.0T, get it. Dont let speed hold you back. For about 500 bucks you can install a chip in the ECU of that car. It will dramatically increase acceleration and top speed, it will also further improve gas mileage. I had a VW jetta with the 1.8T engine, i chipped the ECU and got 45 HP.

If this is you first turbo powered vehicle you will need a bit more time to adjust to the powerband. But you will love it. I currently own a BMW M3. I am considering going back to a turbo powered vehicle by VW or Audi.

This is just my two cents, hope it helps.. Good Luck, all the cars you are looking at are very nice, You will be happy no matter what route you take.

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Frank if you buy a 2.0T, and plan a ECU upgrade, DO NOT take it yellow

+1
    Actually, the salesman, off the record, told me about the ECU chip. I really thought about that. But this is not my lake vehicle. I just want a good point A to point B car that I don't have to mod to get what I want out of it. I am torn over these two cars. I love the G35 engine, but I also love the A4 ride and fit and finish. But even the A4 3.2 isn't as performant as the G35.

Ha

G35 owner here. Ok here is the deal with the G. if you want a nice interior and a nice ride and all that squishy nice stuff do not buy a G35. However if you know how to drive and appreciate performance then get a G35 6mt and love every minute of it. Seriously I drive the G and enjoy it every time but then I drive a BMW and realize why BMW owners say that the G is cheap on the inside. Cause it is compared to the Beemer. But the beemer definatly does not perform like the G does, this much I can tell you. I have a 2003 so I can't speak for the new interior but test drive it and you won't be dissapointed. I attached a pic of my girl (car). Oh yeah one last thing DO NOT buy black espically for a daily driver!! Infiniti/Nissan paint is the worst in the world. I've scratched the paint with a microfiber towel before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f9757fd6_190.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	287  

that's true franko about the paint with nissan and infiniti the paint is shit! My buddy has an 04 maxima and the damn front bumper and hood is loaded with paint chips

Get a Acura TL Frank

+1
    Thanks guys about the black. I was wanting black, but the fiance wants gray. I guess I will let her have her way

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information