Thread: Pushing 15F's Even Further
08-20-2008, 10:22 PM #1
Pushing 15F's Even Further
Lately Me & a Friend have been thinking ways of pushing the 15F's even Further using Natural Aspiration..
Came Up with some ideas such as a bigger bore & changing out the cams and pistons.. like the endurance kit. Using Racing Fuel is not of a concern for this project.
Anybody has any info on how to bore the 15F's. i kno its been done to Macc Racing Bikes.Its just an idea,that is seriously start to dawn on me.
I'm sure too for us other guys dat wan more performance but staying off the turbo or supercharged track.
Basically Thinking of Takin a 15F Engine Bore It. Then use the ZX-12 Cams & JE Pistons.. & what ever else needed to be done.
Would Appreciate Any Help..
PM's are Fine.
08-20-2008, 10:26 PM #2
Maybe think of gettin sum porting work done to the head also, Some of the 4-tec SD guys have done this on their 4 stroke motors and got some good gains. It should be able to work on the 15f's too. There are plenty of simple things that we overlook that can gain more speed, For instance in the GPR-SHO thread he uses titanium bolts that is an easy cheap mod that should yield some good gains and make the craft a lot lighter.
08-20-2008, 10:35 PM #3
well jj had his head on his blue ultra port and polish so you could get yours done if you want
08-20-2008, 10:53 PM #4
Sounds Like an option. any ideas on a price on porting & polishing a Kawi 4-Stroke Engine?.?
Riva i believe offers this service
08-21-2008, 12:02 AM #5
08-21-2008, 12:05 AM #6
thanks pete. any idea on what kind i should look for?.? in choosing the the right quad throttle body.
does anyone have idea's on bore's?
Last edited by *Monster 15FKawi*; 08-21-2008 at 10:22 AM.
08-21-2008, 11:45 AM #7
i've heard if you bore to 1600cc like macc the jug walls are VERY thin. take it for what its worth just what i've heard
08-21-2008, 11:59 AM #8
Yeah. Its worth alot knowing things like that,just a have to gather more info & logistics before going ahead with it.
Trying get in contact with MaccRacing now bout it.but if theres anyone else that can guide this build.please do
Does anyone have a suggested path for swaping the the cam's & pistons .i hear people mostly use the ZX12 Cams?
08-21-2008, 04:20 PM #9
i have been down this road already - here are my findings...
1. you must copper o-ring the cyl after boring it. cometic will have to do it - & you still need a cut/bored stock head gasket.
2. you need 86mm pistons to get to 1600cc - have you measured the cyl yet - those walls will be very thin.
3. je piston kit can be made ( i called already) - send them your stocker and they will make you a kit for about $750 for all 4 pistons and ring sets.
3a. millenium technologies is reccomended by je pistons for the cylinder coating, boring & honing. the cylinder coating has to be a certian thickness - and you need specific piston clearance as well. $650
4. you should run the zx-12 cams to get the most out of the mod. $600
5. you should toss the stock restrictive waterbox - it is a joke and chokes the engine - i planned to run a custom made J-pipe and the riva free flow.
6. macc's kit is for racing superstock class only (1 season) - so how long will the thin cylinder walls hold up?
7. cylinder head, intake manifold & exhaust manifold should be ported to increase flow. cyl head $500, ex man $350, intake $150
7a. you really should consider larger TI valves, better valve guides (material) - but i am not sure of that price
8. the stock pump will fail. skat trak magnum pump setup = $1400
9. autronics, adaptronic, or another complete stand alone computer system with all required sensors capable of controlling ignition timing and fuel curves (i know motec is starting to develop them - pm me for more info.) - $1,000 to $2000
10. wireless transmitters for tuning while the ski is on the water - $500 - $700?
So, you can see why i passed on the big bore at this time. it is a lot of money and a lot of r&d time - nobody has done it, and it will be too much to sell as a kit right now.
I figure the correct price point is around $2,000 for a kit to sell to 15f owners. I would pay $2,000 for my 15F to get to... let's say a soild 73mph in the seated position - and with all those mods i honestly believe it could be done.
i personally think the answer is a low boost turbo setup. strizki has his 15f running @ 8psi and it is crazy fast - prob mid-upper 70's, and on 92 octane.
Last edited by njrealtor55; 08-21-2008 at 04:26 PM.
08-21-2008, 05:02 PM #10
Serious Thoughts..Turbo? or S/C?
Man this sound like a wicked build,that would impress the world.
There seems to be quite a number of reasons not to,but then again alot to go ahead & try.
Turbo is an option too,& strizki's setup is real good for what im looking for.
njrealtor55 what's some of your setup..just pm me if you dont want it over the thread.
Im geting a serious itch now just to go Forced induction.
Recently been hearing 15'fs with Ultra 250 engine swaps.. anybody out there with this done or a good guide to a build such as this..
So Many Options..
Last edited by *Monster 15FKawi*; 08-22-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Super7Four in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 1Last Post: 07-15-2013, 11:56 AM
By 11 in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 16Last Post: 10-20-2011, 07:36 PM
By jayp0209 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 18Last Post: 03-13-2010, 08:28 PM
By scattass in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 18Last Post: 08-31-2005, 02:14 AM
By Enufpwr in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 15Last Post: 08-29-2005, 09:31 PM