Another Newby and a quick question

Hi everyone,

Great forum you have hear very informative and I'm looking forward to tapping into all the knowledge in here and hope that I can be of some help as well.

I recently purchased a 2008 Seadoo RXP 215 and I'm picking it up tomorrow. I'm just wondering if the 08 models have the metal bearings or the ceramic bearings in the SC.

Any help or info would be great.

Cheers
    Rossco

In answer to your question, BRP has used metal bearings in all of their superchargers. (Including your 2008 model)

In answer to the question I think you're asking, 2008 was the first year that BRP used metal clutch washers in their superchargers. The earlier models for 2004 - 2007 had the troublesome ceramic washers.

So, either way it's good news for you.

Welcome to the forum I hope that you enjoy your new ski.

Thank you thats exactly what I wanted to know it should be awesome I can't wait, just hope here in Australia that it starts to heat up.

Cheers
    Rossco

I know that the 255hp RXP-X and RXT-X models definately have the metal washers but have been told that the 215hp RXP and RXT dont have them........ Im hoping that somebody that knows for sure chimes in, I too was under the assumption that all 08 supercharged models were now being manufactured with the metal washers.

Quote Originally Posted by MVR 155 View Post
    I know that the 255hp RXP-X and RXT-X models definately have the metal washers but have been told that the 215hp RXP and RXT dont have them........ Im hoping that somebody that knows for sure chimes in, I too was under the assumption that all 08 supercharged models were now being manufactured with the metal washers.
    BRP upgraded to metal clutch washers in all the 2008 superchargers - even the 215 HP versions.

Break it in the right way...do not use the learning key. Vary the throttle a lot with a few wide open throttle runs after 2 hours or so. Take it easy and you'll have a long life ski. It gets faster after 10 hours.

Thread Information