Redoing hull on my 05 RXT Question.

I had some bad luck over the weekend and my ski got beached up on some rocks in the delta. Well To make a long story short. I have some pretty good gouges and scratches on the right half of my hull. I used Marine Tex to fill the gouges, so my next step is to get the hull smoothed out and painted or gel coated.

My question is should I repaint the bottom with marine paint or Re Gel coat the bottom? Also if I do it myself, when I turn the ski over to refinish do i need to remove all the fluids and the gas or just the gas?

Any help is appreciated.

Marine paint is not going to hold up. Gelcoat is the best fix after the scratched are filled... Ron

thanks. What about the fluids?

I would definately get as much gas and oil out as you can. Just be careful rolling the ski so as not to do any more damage... Ron

If you dont want to run the ski to use up the gas with the scratches and gouges here is an Oil Boy Pump for the fluids form Jerry's Store:

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...nr8c7j1v1mim80

I'm not an expert, but I think I read that it's not a good idea to flip a SeaDoo with the engine installed to do hull repairs. (It had something to do with the mounts/mounting points not being designed to support a load in that direction.)

Again, I'm no expert but you may want to verify that this is an acceptable method before you begin your hull repair.

I know that if you are going to true the hull, it needs to be empty or the weight of the engine will affect the trueness of the hull. I can't say with any certanity about just refinishing the fibergalss with gelcoat... Ron

+1
    Got any pics of the damage so we know how big of an area your talking about?

Thanks for the promp response guys, i think i may take it to get professionaly done, this may be over my head.

Thread Information