Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can I run this safely??

Well they got my ski done yesterday and want to take it out this evening, BUT...I saw this morning that someone asked if they could run the X charger and 42 injectors and someone stated they could not run it without some rrfpr or something like that...Would like to know what that is for starters and if I need to get it to run this evening....ANY help would be greatly appreciated...Just don't want to ruin my engine and do this all over again....Thanks

+1
    Have you got an X charger on your ski then? What mods have you got? Tell us and we will tell you if you can run it safely. The RRFPR is a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. Basicaly it is used to supply more fuel to the engine when you are running higher than stock boost. But is normally used with standard injectors to a certain point. You can run a rude or a b kit charger on stock ecu + injectors with the RRFPR. Still tell us what you are running and we can help. You say you dont want it to happen again, what do you mean? R88

Thanks for the reply. The charger is already on the ski and along with it I have the air intake, rear exhaust, intake grate, solas prop., opas block off, and the 42 injectors. The part about going thru this again was meant that I don't want it to lock up and have to go thru the whole building back up senario..Let me know what you think....Thanks agian for the help. New at all this building ski's and where I live they don't do this kind of thing so am really hoping to get some help on here...Thanks again

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dpoole5074 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. The charger is already on the ski and along with it I have the air intake, rear exhaust, intake grate, solas prop., opas block off, and the 42 injectors. The part about going thru this again was meant that I don't want it to lock up and have to go thru the whole building back up senario..Let me know what you think....Thanks agian for the help. New at all this building ski's and where I live they don't do this kind of thing so am really hoping to get some help on here...Thanks again
    In that case then if you are runnin the x charger then as per Green Hulk (Jerry) I would not run it till you got an RRFPR. Im looking at doin the same charger as you but im gna have to save the extra and get the RRFPR at the same time so that i wont be running lean. You say you locked the engine up? You mean it siezed up?

+1
    Also have you got an external intercooler or are you still runnig the stock intercooler in the intake manifold? This could make a difference as to weather you need the RRFPR. Im not sure but maybe yoy would be ok with the stock IC but def not with an aftermarket setup. But in retrospect to this the X charger is a high boost charger and does really need to be run with and external IC 1 because it produces alot of heat that the stock ic may not cope to well with and also cos you aint gona see the best from that charger with the stock ic they are very restrictive and in efficient. R88

Thanks for the reply...Never locked up the engine I just don't want that to happen...I just have the stock intercooler still and was going to get the external later on. I know I won't see the full potential of the charger until installing the regulator and cooler. I just want to know that if I take it out this weekend that it will run fine without hurting anything...Do you think this is possible??? Thanks again for everything...

+1
    Hmm im not relly sure. Hopefully a few more people will read this and chim in. The X charger is powerfull and as you say the last thing you want to do is damage you engine. The problem you got is that there prob aint many people that are running or have run the setup you got so it will be difficult to get an answer. It is all about maintaining the correct air fuel ratio. You need an AF metre to do this yourself and then a bung in the J pipe obviosly not something that you got. Be patient some1 on here will prob be able to say yes it is or no it aint safe. R88

The stock X-ski comes with 42's so I would presume it would be spot on.... Especially since your running the very restrictive stock intercooler.

But what do I know? The A/F doesnt lie..

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70848

+1
    Yes but the X ski also runs a different ECU set up so you cant just go on the fact that it is running 42s. Also the rev limit is 100 rpm lower. All just little differences but do make a big difference. Dont take it that im stomping on you that not what i about i just dont want this guy to go run his ski and burn out a piston coz of running lean. I do agree that the ic is very restrictive and this may mean that he will be ok till he go EX IC. R88

Would it be safer than for now to leave the stock injectors in until I get the rrfpr and cooler installed???? Logically I would think this would be safer for the engine maybe...Thanks again everyone....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information