Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

are gas prices effecting your pwc hobby?

i was thinking about buying a new ski next year or the year after and it really has me thinking what one im gona get.

on the other hand it hasnt effected me riding my current ski. what about you guys?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    personal motto..."you pay to play" Its a toy, entertainment, ect. If you cant afford to put gas in it you probly shouldnt buy it. JMO

I still put two to four tanks a weekend through my skis(2) thats either 16 or 32 gallons x currnet gas price $3.56= $56.96 or $113.92

Hell yeah I've cut way back. Paying to play is one thing, getting screwed for money and not gettin' kissed is another. We have two GTXsc's and used to fill them a couple times a day when riding - back when gas was less than $2 a gallon!
    Didn't take them on vacation this year and have only ridden 3-4 times the rest of the summer. Normally it's that much a month. Used to take long rides up the Mississippi, not anymore.

+1
    We're still riding but we see less PWC on the water, which I'm sure is making the liberals over at Bluewater Network happy.

Unfortunately it's a combo punch...
    one one hand the gas is high, on the other hand the economy (income) is down so sure people are cutting back. Gas has been going down, but we need to drill and increase our domestic supply asap, so years from now our kids will be able to ride PWC without paying 15.00 a gallon.

Banned User
    Gas prices have affected my riding more than most, in order to get to the nice riding spots, I have to drive 150-220 miles, and can't do that with the price of gas with the low gas mileage trucks I have.
    Need to buy later model vehicles that get better gas mileage, it's a mess for sure, haven't been riding at all this year.
    Going to my local lakes, and getting into needless scuffles and having LEO's chase me around, doesn't cut it anymore.
    Last edited by ski pimp; 08-23-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Yep, I just started wrenching more. I have only put 7 hours of ride time on the ski this year.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    Yep, I just started wrenching more. I have only put 7 hours of ride time on the ski this year.
    DUDE!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    personal motto..."you pay to play" Its a toy, entertainment, ect. If you cant afford to put gas in it you probly shouldnt buy it. JMO

I still put two to four tanks a weekend through my skis(2) thats either 16 or 32 gallons x currnet gas price $3.56= $56.96 or $113.92
    puting the gas in my current ski isnt the problem.

its paying for or making payment on a brand new one that a 18 gallon tank of gas last 2-2 1/2 hours. no offense but there is a big diffrence between buying a new fxr,sho,rxt,rxp, utra 250 and buying a used 96 xp and fueling them.

i think between the price of gas and the price of the machines there gona see a huge drop in sales.

Married the love of my Life Mayday 2008 SuperCharged03's Avatar
    Yes as I haven't even been out once this year and it is the end of the season.... I cannot afford to fill them up. This year sucks for riding..
    Last edited by SuperCharged03; 08-25-2008 at 07:59 AM.

+1
    I been riding at least once a week, sometimes more, all summer, hey if you dont ride that leaves more gas for me...lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information