stx 15F sucked up mud and clogged!

I gotta stx-15f and yesterday i sucked up a lot of mud and over heated. I think the clog is really bad. The ski wouldnt cool down after i got un stuck from the muck (ran through so marsh and ran out of water- wrong turn lol) and this mudd is really hard to wash off so I think i am gonna have my work cut out for me. Could someone tell me how i should proceed? Is there a strainer or screen pre the engine for reasons like this? I would really like to take all the lines and whatever else apart and wash them out. I Actually got back to a ramp last night after dark and didnt get a chance to look at it yet but i hope i didnt screw anything up, escpecially by overheating it. Could someone tell me the best process for back flushing or where should i start ripping apart?
    Thanks
    Troy

Well i tried my best to flush everything out and I didnt find anything obvious. Hopefully it was just a small clog at the intake.

Could someone tell me what the 2 tubes are in the pump house that face torwards the back? I thought that was exhaust for the water flow but when running it on the hose nothing comes out. Also, now that i am paranoid about this cooling and exhaust system I notice a spray of water coming out of the exhause pipe/tip of the ski. I am assuming that is normal, right?

I am going to take it out in a little while to make sure everythig is alright..... see what happens!

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    If you are talking about the tubes on the top of the pump, those are vaccuumbilge hoses, they remove water from the hull.

Just make sure when you run it on the hose that water is coming out of the pisser on the front right hand side of the ski, if not the cooling system is clogged and needs to be cleaned out, best bet is to get a service manual to show you the routing of the cooling system, good luck...........

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    If you are talking about the tubes on the top of the pump, those are vaccuumbilge hoses, they remove water from the hull.
    ahhh good to know!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    Just make sure when you run it on the hose that water is coming out of the pisser on the front right hand side of the ski, if not the cooling system is clogged and needs to be cleaned out, best bet is to get a service manual to show you the routing of the cooling system, good luck...........
    Yeah the water flows good at the pisser on the side when i attach the hose. I assume that water will come out when in the water too, right? I never noticed water coming out of there before, never even knew it was there...lol Just got this ski couple weeks ago...lol
    Thanks... I am definitly good get a manual. Do you recommend one of those cd one from ebay? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWAS...mZ170252863218

+1
    I would get on from the Online store or your local Kawasaki dealer...........

Just got back from a ride and everything seem good! Ran good and had good water flow. So i guess that is normal that water comes out the exhaust port?

+1
    Yes that is normal..........

Quote Originally Posted by Mustangous View Post
    Yeah the water flows good at the pisser on the side when i attach the hose. I assume that water will come out when in the water too, right? I never noticed water coming out of there before, never even knew it was there...
    Always keep an eye on that pisser. If you lose circulation, you should immediately find/remove clog or you will cause permanent engine damage from overheating.

+1
    I would suggest you read the owners manual to get familar with how your ski is supposed to operate...............

Thread Information