Exclamation FZR SHO Intake Grate Problems ? ? ?

Hey Guys ,
    I managed to sell my ski and im looking to buy a new FZR. but before i jumped on one i wanted to know if the FZR would have the same issue as the SHO's intake grate. (Bubbling and paint chiping off). Has anyone noticed anything on them ? I havn't seen any posts on this question so i might as well ask.

I've noticed in other post's on greenhulk the SHO after 5-6 hours on most ski's the paint would either buble up or chip off. This has me worried. i understand Yamaha recalled the Fly wheel on the SHO which was needed, and i can only assume Yamaha did the correct thing and hopefully fix the intake issue for the FZR . Thats if they would use the same paint/material ? Any one wanna help me out on this one ???

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/atta...2&d=1217379120

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/atta...5&d=1217379203

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by QBNKID View Post
    Hey Guys ,
    I managed to sell my ski and im looking to buy a new FZR. but before i jumped on one i wanted to know if the FZR would have the same issue as the SHO's intake grate. (Bubbling and paint chiping off). Has anyone noticed anything on them ? I havn't seen any posts on this question so i might as well ask.

I've noticed in other post's on greenhulk the SHO after 5-6 hours on most ski's the paint would either buble up or chip off. This has me worried. i understand Yamaha recalled the Fly wheel on the SHO which was needed, and i can only assume Yamaha did the correct thing and hopefully fix the intake issue for the FZR . Thats if they would use the same paint/material ? Any one wanna help me out on this one ???

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/atta...2&d=1217379120

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/atta...5&d=1217379203
    It was the intake tunnel not the grate. So far the problem has been limited to a few units. No way to tell yet what caused it or if it will apear on other units...

Jim

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpack View Post
    It was the intake tunnel not the grate. So far the problem has been limited to a few units. No way to tell yet what caused it or if it will apear on other units...

Jim
    Sho far, I have had no problems! I'm wondering if this could be related to some cloudy/sandy water of some sort?

you think it could be bad Nano cel / bad paint / or too much pressure running through the tunnel ???

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QBNKID View Post
    you think it could be bad Nano cel / bad paint / or too much pressure running through the tunnel ???
    It's not an accident that the bubbles r occuring in the pump tunnel only......i think pump-tunnel pressure definitely has something to do with it ....but then again could be because of multiple causative factors........shrug....its a warranty fix and doesnt affect the performance of the ski so im like meh.....not really too concerned....yet

I would not say "most SHO's" its only a few. I have no such issues.

+1
    No problems on mine at just under 30 hrs. I was adjusting my bunks today and crawled under it to check...no bubbles. If it is pressure related, I'm curious to find out if the larger pump tunnel on the FZR will fix the problem. Like the others said, there seems to be only a few reports of peeling paint.

+1
    Just under 30 hours here too. No issues. If it does happen, it's a warranty fix. No big deal. I can live with a little peeling paint that is easily fixed.

Thread Information