Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar

HOW DO YOU - Bleed the fuel lines???

Recently replaced all the OEM grey lines to new black lines - can't get the air out of the fuel lines to get the motor to turn over.

Is there a trick to this?? I have been pumping the choke line til my hand can't move (keep the comments to yourself...).

Can't seem to get the air out...

+1
    Fill the filter with fuel & dont pump the choke,just hold it out till it fires.

Quote Originally Posted by water worx View Post
    Fill the filter with fuel & dont pump the choke,just hold it out till it fires.
    Filter is full. ??? on the choke statement. Hold it out?? I have the little round handle that you pull and push repeatedly to get fuel in the lines. Is this what you mean?? Pull it out and keep it out? Not sure how that would do it.

+1
    Do you have a primer or a choke ???

Quote Originally Posted by water worx View Post
    Do you have a primer or a choke ???
    LOL - wow, I was calling it a choke because I couldn't remember what it was called and brain locked.

I have a PRIMER that appears to draw OUT of two tubes that are directly connected to the bottom of each carb and pushes fuel back into the large fuel line on the bottom/front of the forward carb.

I would have thought it was the other way around - drawing fuel from the fuel line and pushing it into the carb, but this may be a return line to put the excess fuel back into the fuel tank. I am not that familiar with 2-stroke ski's and am learning as I go along.

I think the primer might actually be bad. It doesn't really seem to get THAT much suction - only seems to pull for about 1/2 the stroke length. I am going to pick up another one. Is there a fuel ball primer similar to those installed on boats that might work??

+1
    i literaly just finished changing out my grey lines like a hour ago, and all i had to do was hold the choke (not primer)knob out and hit the starter. once it startes to sputter, slowely let off the choke and it should fire up normaly.

p.s. sounds like thats the return line

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    To prime the fuel system remove the return fuel line off the rear carb. Install a rag or can under the barb, and pressurize the hose with air. Watch the gas tank, you only want to maintain light pressure and not make the tank swell excessively. When fuel solidly squirts out of the return barb, the carbs are primed.

PS- make sure the fuel is on...

Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    To prime the fuel system remove the return fuel line off the rear carb. Install a rag or can under the barb, and pressurize the hose with air. Watch the gas tank, you only want to maintain light pressure and not make the tank swell excessively. When fuel solidly squirts out of the return barb, the carbs are primed.

Interesting - so the REAR fuel line is the RETURN line - back to the tank. OK.
    "and pressurize the hose with air"...you are referring to the hose that just came off the rear carb, right?? So you are basically pushing air INTO the gas tank in the same manor that you would be pushing fuel back into the tank through the return line.

Will try now. Thanks.

+1
    Do an advanced search on [primer bulb] and my screen name. I always usethid when I pack the carbs on my GPR.

Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post

After spraying fuel out the SIDE vent twice I got the hang of the idea of putting the air in slowly.

Fired right up.

THANKS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information