State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar

Bleeding Air From 2-Stroke Fuel Line???

I posted this in the 2-stroke section as well, but figured you 'general' discussion guys who own 4-strokes probably started with a 2-banger.

I just replaced the grey OEM lines with new black lines, bebuilt the carbs, etc. Can't seem to get the air out of the lines.

Are you supposed to bleed the lines after to get fuel back in them or should this happen naturally?? I can't get any fuel to the motor to get it to turn over. Pumping the choke like a LONELY MAN, but can't get anything but a few drops in the lines.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BartenderSammy View Post
    I posted this in the 2-stroke section as well, but figured you 'general' discussion guys who own 4-strokes probably started with a 2-banger.

I just replaced the grey OEM lines with new black lines, bebuilt the carbs, etc. Can't seem to get the air out of the lines.

Are you supposed to bleed the lines after to get fuel back in them or should this happen naturally?? I can't get any fuel to the motor to get it to turn over. Pumping the choke like a LONELY MAN, but can't get anything but a few drops in the lines.
    put some wd40 down the carbs and run it on that till it picks its own fuel up

State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskibill9999 View Post
    put some wd40 down the carbs and run it on that till it picks its own fuel up

Meant to say pumping the "primer" - not choke. No choke on this...just a primer. Still can't get fuel to the motor.

Didn't try to the WD40 though...seriously? WD40 in the carbs?? Never heard of that.

Light a match and spray it with WD-40 and see what happens. Do this outdoors though... Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BartenderSammy View Post
    Meant to say pumping the "primer" - not choke. No choke on this...just a primer. Still can't get fuel to the motor.

Didn't try to the WD40 though...seriously? WD40 in the carbs?? Never heard of that.
    if you've got a primer then that should bring enough fuel up to start the engine, the wd40 method is when you only have chokes and have an airlock, the engine can run off the wd40, for a second or two as its got lubricant and petroleum properties.

Thread Information