Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Need help beating my cousin!!!

I need help beating my cousin. She bought a Sea Doo RXT less than a year ago, and boasted that it's the fastest ski on the market. Just for fun and to show off, she bought another ski as a backup (low level yamaha, not sure of model). Anyway I want a ski that i can outrun hers, and is also very comfortable. I was think about the Yamaha fx sho, cruiser sho, ho, and cruiser ho. I like the sho, but I heard that it is a monster on gas. I am trying not to break the bank with this, but I am willing to spend a little bit of money. I would like to have money left over to fuel the ski though. Anyway, I was thinking about maybe a ho or cruiser ho with some mods. I also want to know the difference between the cruiser and standard, Is it just the seat? Anyway, I need some opinions, and some estimated prices. I want a fast ski, that is comfortable, and won't break the bank. Please help.

I also forgot to add, that I am not going to make any purchase for a few months since the season is just about over already.

+1
    Good luck....

An HO will not beat an RXT, I know I had a 06 HO. Although it is a great ski it won't be fast enough. Your going to have to get a SHO, FZR, FZS, or a used GPR. Or(I cant beleive I'm going to say this) get a RXP. ARGH
    But I say stick with Yamaha, They havn't let me down yet.

I like the SHO and the Cruiser SHO. What does the cruiser have that the plain old sho does not, besides the seat with a backing? Also, is the Sho still the fastest yamaha? And how much does the plain SHO usually go for? also is there a difference between the 08 and 09 Fx Sho?

The Cruiser SHO has the different cruiser seat and pull up cleats for docking. The SHO is currently the fastest yamaha but the FZR will probably soon be King, No one has seen real life gps #'s on it yet. There is no difference with the 08 SHO and 09 SHO besides the Different color scheme and decals.

Since I will probably go with the SHO, what kind of damage am I looking at in terms of my wallet size? And how much is a decent trailer usually? Also what mods are good for the Sho for speed and performance?

Quote Originally Posted by m615dan View Post
    Since I will probably go with the SHO, what kind of damage am I looking at in terms of my wallet size? And how much is a decent trailer usually? Also what mods are good for the Sho for speed and performance?
    I can't quote you on an exact price it depends on where you buy it from. As far as mods go what kind of water are you riding in smooth are usually quite rough?

+1
    The Cruiser SHO has the different cruiser seat and pull up cleats for docking. The SHO is currently the fastest yamaha but the FZR will probably soon be King, No one has seen real life gps #'s on it yet. There is no difference with the 08 SHO and 09 SHO besides the Different color scheme and decals.
    +1

Welcome to the forum. The cruiser also has some additional functions on the instrument cluster. trip odometer(kinda useless because it resets everytime you turn the engine off), avg speed, compass and fuel consumption guage. I you are tall you might be better off with the standard SHO. I'm 6'2" and I hate the cruiser front seat because it pushes me too close to the bars and restricts movement.

I usually am stuck in rough water. I get nice water sometimes, but for the most part I am in rough water

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information