Old School Never Dies! codemanrose's Avatar

New Record on the Raider

I went to the lake today. Pretty nice conditions out. Air temp was in the mid 60's. I filled the Raider up with 91 octane Pump gas. Full of fuel too. The water condtions could be a little better but they were pretty good. Hit 64.2 GPS. Got a pic of it too. Im so hyped now.

great #'s what all mods do you have ?

same as always. 5 degree nozzle, nu-jet, cut stock intake grate, primer kit, pro-tec ride plate, jetworks mod, and again with 91 octane pump gas. seems alot but i dont know how. It seems a bit faster now that the carbs have been rebuilt but i don't think at will las long after it gets older again.

I just thought of something. My carbs were rebuilt by a dealer. I wonder if they didn't do them right. Because Group K said that even with the set-up I have it should only run 61-62 mph. I think when I got 63.1 back last year i got real lucky with how I set it up and weather, water condtions. They always say that it runs great before it blows up. 64.2 is I think kinda fast for my set up. Im not hyped much now

Quote Originally Posted by codemanrose View Post
    I just thought of something. My carbs were rebuilt by a dealer. I wonder if they didn't do them right. Because Group K said that even with the set-up I have it should only run 61-62 mph. I think when I got 63.1 back last year i got real lucky with how I set it up and weather, water condtions. They always say that it runs great before it blows up. 64.2 is I think kinda fast for my set up. Im not hyped much now
    you really need a tach for proper tuning but for now pull your plugs and post a pic also where do you put your gps when riding? if its not mounted you can get false readings i used to hang mine around my neck and it would swing or even tucked into my vest when you move forward onto seat you add mph-mount it! also what were your consistent #'s?

yea, I had it to my chest this time because i lost my other one in the lake. That is probably why. I need to get it mounted again.

Thread Information