Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Engine Ice?

+1

Engine Ice?

Well i tried to do a search on here couldn't find if anyone has used this product? I just picked up two of these and wondering if anyone has used it and what are there thoughts? cost was $35 bucks. thanks

??? this product

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tibrin04 View Post

??? this product

Correct!

whats that do?

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil828 View Post
    whats that do?
    Well I bet the advertising says it is a water souluble(or compatable) liquid that has superior heat transfer and carrying abilities when compared to standard anti-freeze. So it is supposed to help the engine run cooler.

There is a test online somewhere that tested all of those products and the results showed regular anti-freeze was the best.

Banned User
    We use it in our race sleds and moto-x bikes. I think that it works.

+1
    i used it in my motorcycle 2001 cbr f4i. it didnt make the bike runn any cooler but it seemed like it took little longer for the temperature to climb up.

+1
    Well i already bought it. Guess I'm dumping it in Since it wont hurt.

So on the rxp just pull the bolt on the ride plate. release the cap on the the over flow tank(bottle). let it drain. do you all flush it with anything else to get any build up released? Or once done draining. Start to pour new anti in the overflow tank(bottle) and once it starts to leak out the ride plate for a second. Put the Allen bolt back in the ride plate and fill up the over flow tank to the full mark...?

Thanks

I bought a bunch of a similar product, WaterWetter. A review can be found here: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/red...%c2%ae-review/ I bought it because I was experiencing heat-fade, and was resisting having to plunk down $350 for a thermostat. The stuff did not cure my heat-fade, so I had no choice but to get the thermostat.

Pure H2O is the best coolant. Adding antifreeze actually diminishes its cooling ability (while lowering its freezing point). For people in the deep south who don't need the freeze protection of antifreeze, 100% water is going to cool the best, BUT, a cooling system also benefits from the anti-corrosive properties of antifreeze. I believe a product like this can be used to add anti-corrosive properties without diminishing the cooling ability of the water. The product even states that using it in conjunction with anitfreeze negates much of the cooling benefits.

In short, I think these products have NO value to someone running in an enviroment that requires the freeze protection of antifreeze, but in a place that never freezes, it can be used instead of antifreeze to have anti-corrosion without diminishing the cooling ability of water. What it's NOT going to do, as advertised, is lower the operating temperature of the engine by 30F.

Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB
    do you all flush it with anything else to get any build up released?
    If you want to get all the old coolant out, open the rideplate screw and let it drain until it stops, then pour a good half gallon of distilled water in the overflow bottle and let that push out the old coolant left in some of the hoses. Where you're at, you'll want 85% distilled water and the rest "Engine Ice".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information