Problem with GTX limited with stage 1

Good evening everyone,

I was cruising around 70 mph, 8000 RPM everything fine. Then slowed way down to explore cove. Everything still fine. Then went to leave cove slowly. Engine suddenly died, would not restart. It felt like bad battery, did not feel like engine seized. Check connections and everything fine. After putting DESS key get normal 2 beeps. After 10 seconds get 4 short beeps. Engine will not turn over at all. I tried different battery, with no different result. Any suggestions are appreciated. I also wonder what the four beeps mean since the manual only refers to that as leaving the key in too long without starting.

thank you,

Kim Sloan
    07 GTX Limited with stage 1, green supercharger, washers changed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nrhareiner View Post
    Good evening everyone,

I was cruising around 70 mph, 8000 RPM everything fine. Then slowed way down to explore cove. Everything still fine. Then went to leave cove slowly. Engine suddenly died, would not restart. It felt like bad battery, did not feel like engine seized. Check connections and everything fine. After putting DESS key get normal 2 beeps. After 10 seconds get 4 short beeps. Engine will not turn over at all. I tried different battery, with no different result. Any suggestions are appreciated. I also wonder what the four beeps mean since the manual only refers to that as leaving the key in too long without starting.

thank you,

Kim Sloan
    07 GTX Limited with stage 1, green supercharger, washers changed
    welcome to the forum kim sloan, is the engine cranking over or just clicking?

+1
    if its not cranking over the first thing is to look for is rope or something wrapped round the driveshaft or something wedged in the propeller, you can only do this by lying under the ski and useing a torch to look thru the intake grate, hope thats your problem and nothing serious

+1
    welcome to the forum

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    welcome to the forum
    rx951 your picture with the walking cat tickels me cheers bill

Last night finally got the sled on dry land. It really ended up a comedy of errors, but ended okay. This am will look first to see if something is stuck in intake area. I will post later.

Kim

Here is the answer to the questions. Got the sled apart. The bearings (ceramic) failed with the supercharger frozen. Being sent in for RR.

I will clean oil screen, change the oil, re-install SC and hope for the best. I am very lucky in having a good friend who is a expert with mechanical things.

Kim

Thread Information