Water in the engine hull. Any ideas.

I was riding my 96 seadoo jet ski gsx for like 1-2 hours with my friend taking turns. Then i noticed i am losing some power when i give it throttle sometimes. I took it back to the shore, i opened the seat up and found out that the water is very high. Almost as high as the battery is. I didn't see any leak from the driveshaft seal or anything. What could be the problem? Is it normal if u keep jumping on those waves, u can get that much water inside the hull. What is the best way to check where the leak is. Doesn't the vacuum pushes the water back out the jet ski. Any help will be appreciated thanx.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Check to make sure there are two baler tubes inside your venturi nozzle.

If you jump a lot of waves constantly and don't go take a quick smooth ride to allow the balers to suck it out occasionally, then yes, you can fill the hull just from waves.

Did you feel the water to see if it was warm? If so, you could have blown a coolant hose loose on the exiting side of the engine. Was water coming out of the pissers when this happened? Hopefully you thought to look?

This is enough for you to start checking...

The water that came out was warm for sure. Isn't that normal when the water get's this high and the engine/ exhaust is hot it should be warm right? Coolant hose? If i blew the coolant hose, shouldn't water come in even when i'm a the shore not starting the engine, i should see water coming in the engine hull. There are two baler tubes inside the jet ski near the back at the bottom.

+1
    Sounds like a leak in the cooling system if the water was warmer than what you were riding in. If so, do a normal back flush and you should see where it's leaking.

How do u do the back flush? Are u supposed to drain something out then put coolant or water inside?

Check all the exaust pipe casting plug caps. They are smooth circles that are raised on the side of the pipe. They corode from the inside out. If they corode through they will only leak when on the hose or when its running in the water. Back it into the water still strapped on the trailer start it pull the sealt and look for the leaks

Thread Information